Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I did it

Most women feel a need to do something different with their hair every few months. In my case, it usually means cutting it....way too short. I cut it back almost three years ago when I had just had Austin. Why is that? Why do new mom's always cut their hair? For a more "practical" and "easier" do? I have been no exception. Here are some pics in 2005 of when I donated the 12 inches to Locks of Love .

Unfortunately, because my hair grows SO SLOWLY...it has only grown like 4 inches in the last three years! What the heck!

So, I decided to just go for it. Do you guys notice anything different?

Before: After:


I decided not to cut it, not to highlight it(way too high maintenance for a dark brunette), but to.....

Any comments?

Instead of waiting 10 years for it to grow out, I went to a hair boutique in Mexico (downtown El Paso), then cruised my way over to New Mexico where I got the extensions weaved into my head. It is now very thick, long and fun! Jared is still getting used to it...but, I love the chance I have to let it hang over my shoulders and feel super "young" again... I figured that if I waited the 10 years for it to grow out, I would be too "old" to have long hair! Enjoy it now!

15 comments:

McKelle said...

Wow, It looks really good. I've heard getting that done hurts. Did it? I did the opposite and chopped my in Dec. However, my hair grows super fast, and I'm pretty much ready for another cut.

Julie said...

It is so sexy! I love it. I chopped mine after I had Isabella--there is something about those pregnancy hormones. It's fun short, but not nearly as glamorous. You are looking hot! Jared is one lucky man. ;)

Tawna said...

Extentions are fun! Looks way cute on you! I have actually had extentions twice in my life, but they were too high maintenance for me. Hope your experience is better than mine!!

Mama Apes... said...

Love it, love it, love it! I wished I had long hair like that! they look so real! So fun! You always have something exciting up your sleeve! You are my kinda girl!

Trimbles said...

Cute :) Welcome to the long hair club!

Jana said...

Oh I love it. You look gorgeous!!! Very sexy. But then again, you always look gorgeous. And you are so skinny. Lucky you. :)

Posey Cowart said...

I am all for short hair! It is way easier! You are very brave!

Audrey said...

I think it would be really fun to try that, but I think I would want the option of taking them out whenever I wanted to also which I know you can't do (in & out all the time) unless you have tons of money.
I have always wished my hair looked cute a longer length simply because I'm so lazy about doing my hair and I would just put it in a ponytail. I HATE to take time on stuff like that, so short hair has always been the easiest for me.
I think it's fun to try it out. I'm curious to hear if you like it in the end or how much maintenance it ends up being.

Amberly said...

I think it looks fabulous.. I've often wondered if they would look natural but yours look terrific! So shiney and healthy- good choice!

Julie said...

That's awesome! I think you rock! I totally agree about having long hair now while you can before you get to old... You look SO good!

The Maughans said...

I'm so jealous! I feel like I've been growing out my hair for years too. Arianne said your coming to town this week. Hope we see you!

Kaylynn said...

Hot Momma! You look awesome!!!!

angie said...

Thanks for your comment! Your hair looks great!!

Fawn Harris said...

It looks awesome.I just cut off 18inches again. I am the oppsoid of you my hair grows so fast. I try and do something new. I cut it really short and people say I look even younger. I was trying to look my age. Guess there is no hope for me. But you look amazing as usuall. Fawn

Brooke said...

Hey girl! Cute blog!! I had fun making FHE folders with you the other night even if you did use all the laminating paper...hee hee kidding! Your hair is super cute!