Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Suggestions?

Where to start?

I was asked to speak in our Ward Conference THIS SUNDAY...just me, the bishop and Stake President!

I actually really enjoy public speaking, and so I gladly accepted the invitation.

The only problem...where to begin??

The subject: Heavenly Homes and Eternal Families.

You would think it'd be a breeze to write out some ideas...but, I want to be able to reach everyone; newleywed, singles, grandparents, teenagers, etc.

I need some ideas por favor!!! and soon!!!

6 comments:

Julie said...

I would browse through those topics on lds.org... look for scriptures and quotes that jump out at you. You could also touch on ways that each person can contribute to a heavenly home and eternal family. Children by obeying their parents, teens by preparing for the temple, singles by serving faithfully in their callings, parents by teaching correct principles, etc.

Good luck! I'll send up a prayer for you!

Jana said...

Adrienne... Did I miss someting? This post is all in little pictures!!!! :)
Fill me in!

Michelle said...

i must have missed it too...it's like the font is "wingdings" or something like that!

Jana said...

I seriously hate speaking in church. I have to speak on Easter and I am so NOT happy about it. Good luck. I am sick even thinking about my talk. Let alone yours. :)

Amberly said...

I'm just getting to this post and i'm assuming you are speaking today. There was a reason you were given this assignment... Heavenly Father has a message for you to deliver. Trust the spirit and you'll do terrific! Let us know how it goes!

Trimbles said...

Thats too funny! I think you might have gotten more ideas if you would have posted it in english :) HAHAHAHA... but that was funny trying to figure it out! Im glad your talk went well. Love ya!