Sunday, March 9, 2008

Oprah's Big Give


As a lot of you know, I am a HUGE Oprah fan ( I went and saw her a year 1/2 ago in person!!!)

I watched her new show, "Oprah's Big Give" tonight and it just brought me to tears to see how much a little good in this world can go a long way. Isn't it about time that they show some positive influences and the true GOODNESS in each one of us on tv? I feel like this show just provides us with a bit more insight to what people go through each day...

It has inspired me to try and look outside of my own Wilson bubble to see what more I could do with my own life...service, charity, love, etc. It really does make a difference one person at a time. I don't know what all I could do within my community...volunteer work with illiterate children, or serving in a soup kitchen are things I would LOVE to do but can't with my toddlers in tote.

Do you all have any ideas or things you have done from home???

Even though I probably will never raise $5K for a charity, or donate a car for a family...I think it's that pure love of Christ that is so valuable to our fellowmen. That's something I can definitely work on.

I made some cookies tonight with the boys, and I think I will just go out now and give them away!

1 comment:

Jana said...

You are a great person. I don't love Oprah, but I do think her give aways are pretty amazing. And giving cookies is a great start. I don't think too many of us could give cars and homes aways. The simple things count just as much.