Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Ms. AZ Biker Pageant




"A Sore Swollen Thumb" is what my wonderful friend Leslie Boley told me she felt like when we walked into the MS ARIZONA BIKE PAGEANT.... Not only did we stick out like sore thumbs, but b/c she and Arianne Pearce are 7+ months prego, you can imagine the looks and thoughts that we were stimulating from the other bikers in the club. I went to AZ with Wesley and Austin to spend Easter with the Wilson's in Florence, AZ. After many egg hunts and sugar, we headed up to Surprise, AZ for the rest of the week.



It was great to see my girlfriends and to jump right back into the routines of carpooling, eating lunches, playdates and crazy mornings to get out the door.
Of course I had to schedule a "Girl's Night Out." So....after some internet researching, I convinced the girls to go to a "Pageant." I figured it couldn't be that bad, right? Wrong!


One word: Yikes!!!!
There were tons and tons of bikers everywhere, inside the club and outside rolling around with their gears revved up. You know you are in a sketchy place when they give you the pat down and search through your purse for weapons! Inside we went, clutching our purses and trying to "blend" in. Yeah right! After a few moments of thinking, "What are we doing here?" (Not to mention that is probably what everyone else thought of us as suburbial stay at home moms in a bikers bar and club), we decided to give it a shot. Afterall, we were here for an adventure!


We eventually got settled in, in a corner away from the crowd and next to one of the bars. We checked out the girls that were up for competition....the little bit of clothing they had on and their cheesy answers of "I want to ride you!" when asked why they wanted to be the Ms. AZ Biker girl.
It would've been even more eye candy for us if they had been in shape....you can just imagine what they all looked like; dimpled butts and flabby tummies. That is fine, don't we all have that? But, at least try to hide those imperfections when you are in a pageant up on stage!


Needless to say, we stayed for a good hour and enjoyed the live music and crazy environment. Thanks to Arianne, Leslie, April and Candy for going along with my crazy and "exciting" idea. At least we had fun getting dressed up, leaving the kids for the night and doing something besides the typical, "dinner and a movie." I MISS YOU GIRLS SO MUCH ALREADY!!!


We left early, I wonder who even won?

11 comments:

Jana said...

Scary. Those chics look bad. But YOU look GREAT!!!! You are sizzlin! Sounds like a great girls trip. Don't we always need those?

Mama Apes... said...

What a night...I knew it would be a great one when they made me dumped out my whole perse and checked my ID! For sure we look under age right?!? Four kids later?? We are hot mommy's. I really loved it! Not quiet what I I thought it would be but we made the best of it!!

Julie said...

Oh my gosh! That sounds so crazy/scary/fun/exciting. I definitely need some of that Adrienne spice in my life! Why can't you live next door to me?

Brilliantly Bridge said...

I am so bummed I didn't get to go. Next year when you RUN in the biker pagent I want to come watch. Thanks for the visit when you were here.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes- the things you can talk us into! It was a night not to forget! Love ya!

McKelle said...

Sounds crazy, but like a fun trip. About Direct Buy, you have to have a membership right?

The Maughans said...

I am so mad that I didn't go to play group last week, if I'd known you'd be there . . . anyways, visiting teaching first, I guess! Leslie and I were having a good laugh about the "pageant" this morning. I totally love that you tried to to something different. I'm all about spontaneity!
Emory is great, definitely a 2 yr. old but learning what's appropriate (and what's not) everyday. The girls get along famously, and you missed out on holding this monster of a baby.

Brooke said...

ha ha!! You girls are crazy! You were definitely the cutest ones there!

Toodles said...

Way to go Adrienne!! I'm proud of you for going to that Biker Pageant with your girls! Now you have a memory to laugh about for a long time!! I'm just wondering what inspired you to go... do any of you have a bike?! ; )

Julie said...

Thanks for the laugh!I so wish that I could have come!!!

Adrianne said...

I bet you weren't the only girl there with extensions!!! There is nothing like a girls' night out...