This is what happened to our beautiful home in El Paso back in May... We spent 5 long months remodeling it from top to bottom....hearts invested.
http://picasaweb.google.com/adrienne.wilson79/ElPasoRemodel2008
These are the pics that our realtor took for us before he posted the FOR SALE ad. The house is in escrow right now, so we are praying that it will close okay without any further delays. It "sold" in just 3 weeks.
This is now what we'll be doing...
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/apa/730420571.html
I hope you clicked on the links to understand what our big news is...
After just a short 9 months in El Paso, TX...we are now moving to the big city of Washington DC. We will be living in a "suburb" outside called, Gaithersburg.
What the heck happened you may ask? Why are you selling your house, business and picking up after just 5 months of living in your remodeled home?
Well, this was NOT something that we had anticipated or ever expected to have happen to us. To keep things are professional and without pointing the finger at anyone, we HAD to sell out our portion of the DB business to Jared's partner. Lots of hurt feelings, miscommunications and downright unfair business is what I feel has happened. So, in order to maintain our sanity and keep a head held up high, we sold out. Partnerships are hard.
Jared and I didn't know what we would do at this point. (This all happened in March/April). His last day of work was May 1st. Since then, we have been doing a lot of praying, soul searching and trying to figure out what God's plan for us is AGAIN>
This will be move #14 for us in our 5.5 years of marriage....sigh...you think I would be in a straight jacket by now. Let me tell you, I am about there. We thought El Paso would be our home for many years and I was establishing my social group and getting Wesley invovled in schooling. We are now uprooting across the entire USA.
What will we be doing? Well, Jared and I are now partners with DirectBuy corporate office. We will be the managing partners with them to oversee the Metro North Washington DC center in Maryland. Jared will be over the sales division and I will run all of the service/products.
How do I feel about this? Very mixed emotions. I am going from a happy stay at home mom in the desert to a career woman in DC who now has to hire a nanny. From preschools and play groups to training sessions and warehouse receiving. I want more than anything to be able to stay at home with my boys, but this was our option for us right now and we must move forward.
We have been in an intense training session in Chicago for the last two weeks, learning the tricks and trades of DB, here at their corporate offices. Our boys came with us and we hired out a daycare to watch them during the day. It reminds me a lot of my MTC experience. 10 hours a day of studying, lots of trainings on personal leadership developments, memorizing scripts, and being exhausted at the end of the day. The boys have done great, enjoying the swimming pool at the hotel and jumping on the beds.
We head back to El Paso today (Saturday) where we will move our things on Monday/Tuesday. The moving company will then head out to DC while we catch up with them later on in the week. Poor Wrangler will have to take his first plane ride! I am a bit nervous for him. Hopefully he receives a bit of attention from all of the cargo workers. His plane ticket cost two times the amount of ours!
I have been out to Maryland twice now; to find a rental as well a nanny. We found a nice lady from Argentina (I was seeking out a Spanish speaking nanny), and I hope AND PRAY that she will be what our family needs. I am nervous about leaving my babies at home.
So, that is about it in a nutshell. We thought we had found stability in El Paso, but turns out that we couldn't be moving further away from our friends and family. I hope that I will adjust to the new climate and not be too depressed away from my hot desert sun. I may just have to go tanning to get my vitamin D!
Oh yes, another tidbit of info to make our life just a bit more crazier...we are expecting another baby this coming Jan/Feb. Yes....life couldn't be more complex. I have had TERRIBLE morning sickness all day long for weeks now. I was sick at girls camp, traveling out here to Chicago, all during my classes, and now I have to get my sanity together (and nausea) to pack up a house and move across the US. It has NOT been easy to be away from my cozy bed where I just want to lay and moan all day long. Not to mention that I haven't been able to eat regular foods that I am used to or exercise at all. Definitely a challenging situation, but God must have something in mind for us, right?
I am not sure how I am going to juggle all of this in the near future, all I can do is take it day by day and saltine cracker by saltine cracker.
Let me know any thoughts!
16 comments:
You POOR thing! I will always be here for you and your family and please call me so we can talk LOTS of course! You are an amazing woman and I respect your ability to support your husband/ family.
Suddenly I feel like my life is like a nice long nap. Just keep focusing on the joy in each day, or saltine as it may be, and soon enough this will be a memory. I think you'll actually enjoy your stint in the business world. Good Luck. Call when you're ready for a pep talk. ;-)
Sending you lots of love and warm hugs as you undertake this new adventure! I just know that there are special people for you to meet and touch in Washington D.C., and that Baby Wilson #3 is an amazing spirit that needed to come to your family right now. You'll be past the saltine phase soon! Just hang in there!
I might be your only friend who is actually thrilled for you to be moving! Cause I am 20 minutes away! Lucky me! I can't wait to see you guys. We'd love to help with whatever we can. We would love to have you guys over for dinner on Sunday if you think you'll be up for it. I can't tell you how excited I am. Your new place looks great. And don't worry, it is sunny here, and you can get a good tan...it's just not very enjoyable to be out in the sun. (okay, its downright miserable)....but it is possible to get some color! We should go up to this really fun splash park the week you get here...http://www.mc-mncppc.org/parks/enterprise/park_facilities/south_germantown/index.shtm
just an idea. love ya!
Holy Cow! If anyone can handle these trials, I KNOW it's you! This months VT message is spectacular, read it if you haven't!
You're going to end up being those people that are super interesting and cool to talk to, because you've had so many different experiences in life...which is way better than the people who just stay put and do the same thing forever (in my opinion at least) I miss my friend Jared...could you make him blog, or write me an email? Love you guys, and CONGRATs!! on the new baby on the way.
Way too much to comment one!! I can't imagine how incredibly trying this has all been for you. You have the most amazing positive spirit and have been a true champ through all of this. But I LOVED LOVED LOVED the Washington DC area and you will too - so many fun things to do as a family, and I hardly missed the desert weather...and your friend joseph is totally right, you will be the best dinner conversationalist ever - you're invited to my house anytime you want to come!! muchos besos y felicidades y SUERTE!
Congrats on the new baby! I'm sorry that you're feeling awful!!! Your new townhouse is beautiful and I'm glad that your house sold so quickly!! We are still working on our remodel after 3+ years! I hope that we finish this summer...I'm SOOO ready to have a normal life and a normal house! I'm jealous that yours was done in 5 months but sad that you don't get to enjoy it now! Good luck in your new endeavors...we'll be reading about them! :)
This is Jared...well, my wife's spin is a bit different then mine...but, that's life. I'm excited, I was nervous, but now there is only time for balancing life and family and work and...everything else!!
God has blessed me with an optimistic outlook and regardless of what has or has not happened, I'm focusing on the growth and opportunities that wouldn't be there otherwise....I will miss my family, but I am adding another to my own!
God Bless my wife in all of this change...He'll certainly sustain her. How lucky am I to have such a supportive one!
-ME
Oh adrianne, congratulations on the new baby! I'm so excited for you! I want to wish you all the best of luck with everything. You already are such a good dinner conversationalist that you should come over for tuna melts! Maybe after the morning sickness. Hang in there and don't be afraid to say this sucks!
Adrienne, congratulations on being pregnant!! That is so exciting! I hope you start feeling better soon... afew more weeks maybe. I admire you and Jared for your drive and motivation. Honestly, it won't be too long before you are able to be back home with your boys (and new one), but in the mean time, your boys will learn some great Espanol! Love ya! Good luck!
You guys are amazing. I'm very excited you will be so much closer to us/Clint/Gina, and just a hop and skip away from Cyn-bob! The Lord always has such a different perspective and plan for us than we thought--but it's always so much better once we're there. I'm excited for your new babe! Hooray! We love you lots! Come visit in Boston!!!
Congrats on baby #3! Yeah! Life is full of changes for you all for sure! Good luck! I am so happy you will be in DC. I will only be an hour train ride from you. So fun! I wish you luck with it all - you can do ANYTHING!
Holy cow, what a blog post. I am so sorry there was miscommunication at your work. I know those things happen, but it's still incredibly hard to deal with.
As for the baby, I'm thrilled for you--maybe a girl this time???
I hope you only have to work a short time, so you get the opportunity to be home with your babies while they are babies. I know you want to if you can. I hope the nausea goes away soon. I certainly hate that part of pregnancy myself.
We lived in Vienna, VA for a summer and went downtown to DC almost every weekend. You will love the museums and cultural activies that area has to offer. Amazing stuff. Best of luck.
A- Wow let it all out of the box at once?!!? lol:)
I know that you guys will do so good in D.C. because you already know your stuff from El Paco.
I sure hope you start feeling better soon! I want photo's of that belly. I really don't believe that your clothes don't fit already! Love ya and miss ya TONS!! Keep the pic's coming!
OMG amigaza, como quiero darte un abrazo tan grande...
Post a Comment