
We moved into our house this last Sunday...how glorious it was to see that huge orange ALLIED truck pull up finally and unload our stuff. Besides my piano, everything else came in just fine. I will have to get a piano man over soon to check out what is wrong with my precious baby grand.
We have been unpacking, cleaning, unboxing, storing, taking care of kids, setting new house rules, grocery shopping and light fixture changing NON stop for three days. I still feel like our house got hit by a tornado. Room by room is what I need to focus on. The task seems so daunting if I think about it.

I have had some wonderful help here from my girlfriends. How do people move across the country (or even across the street) without help from good neighbors! I have needed help with entertaining my kids, eating some quesadillas here and there, and special eyes to help organize. I feel very blessed to receive such service. Seriously, we are both so SICK of moving! This better be our last move for a VERY long time b/c I can't deal with any more boxes or unpacking.
We have done several improvements this time around, which also involves having sub contractors around. I am so happy with how the house is coming along with the fresh paint, new countertops, appliances, carpet and soon to be landscape. You would think we live in the dust bowl with how much dust gets kicked up in our un-landscaped backyard. Dirt devils are our neighbors, as are the many tumbleweeds. All the dust really brings on the allergies for me.

The boys are very happy here with the sunshine and their long lost friends (me too!) Isaac continues to not sleep, but he is such a chunky and beautiful baby. He is 2 1/2 months old and weighs over 13 lbs. I love his rolls in his thighs and I love to stretch them out:) At four months, watch out b/c I will make him cry out the night. I need more sleep! Wesley has taken to hiding his favorite "things" under his bed: toothbrush, nightlights, Ike stuffed animal, pillows and spiderman rings. So darn creative! Austin is over coming some sweet tooth bug that had him throwing up two nights ago. He doesn't eat enough as it is, and to have him puke it up! No good! Jared has only a few more days with us and then he is officially back on the stress band wagon of work called DirectBuy. We will go out with him to Cali for a few days to help him get settled in. I am already so sad about it. Gone will be the days when I can have his helping hand with the kids, or a couch to snuggle up on with a good movie, or a meal to share in the kitchen. I am grateful that we have a job, just sad that we will be apart. He is nervous too.
So, I will post pics as soon as I get internet set up next week. We are VERY happy here in the sunny state of AZ. This city of Surprise has totally grown since we last lived here. I have Super Walmart's nearby, lots of colorful bushes and trees that have matured, bright blue skies to look at, and wider streets with more shops. It is fun to be exposed all of it. I will have a few more weeks of gorgeous weather, and then the heat will hit. Bring it on!
8 comments:
Your life sounds so crazy! I don't know how you handle it b/c I don't think I am strong enough to! Way to go girl! You are amazing!
Amazing girl. Wow. You are incredible!
Thanks for taking the time to write this post. You and Jared have been through so much with all these moves... the Refiner's Fire! ; )
I hope this is your last move for awhile as well! You deserve to be settled for at least a few years! Sounds like you are surrounded by many good friends down there in AZ. That is good! Keep it up mamacita!
And people say that the military lifestyle is full of transition. You are a trooper. And I LOVE the family picture. A and her boys!
hey girl...I'm glad to hear that you are getting settled, and even more glad that Jared hasn't had to go to California yet. I'm happy to hear that people are taking care of you. Damon still asks to go and see "his boys". They will always be his boys. Love you!
I miss you! Do you have internet yet? I need my chat buddy! :) Hope the chaos is slowly settling down. I have a feeling that though you will miss Jared so much, you will settle into a nice routine there in beautiful AZ. Lots of hugs!
And the fun never ceases! Hold your breath, it's almost over. I hope.
Welcome back!!! It was fun to see you in the halls at church on Sunday. You look fabulous!!
Post a Comment