"Camping" in our backyard. It is great to be in flip flops and have Isaac napping inside while we are out by the fire. Couldn't do that in the woods!
We have a great little pit and lots of dirt for a backyard!
Going for a "hike" in the White Tank Mountains. It was 90+ degrees by 9am, so we didn't get too far. The boys loved gearing up with sunglasses and water bottles.
Alright....
I have a decision to make...
Isaac did great for sleeping through the night for about 2 nights (after three days/nights of crying it out). But, now the decision of binkie vs. thumb has to be made. He has found his fat finger and if I don't continue on with the binkie, his buddy will be his best friend no doubt.
Pros of binkie: you can take it away! Cons: have to constantly provide it during the night
Pros of thumb: self soothing, sleep at night better Cons: can't take it away, germs
I am leaning towards the binkie...I just feel like this last week of "crying it out" is going for nothing if I am giving it back to him! I can't stand to hear him cry it out and get all hoarse from screaming.
What is Isaac doing right now? Oh, he is sucking on his binkie...so, that pretty much says it all. Jared just took the boys fishing up the street by a canal, they caught two fish (and put them back). I love their "boy time" and wish that it happened more often. I enjoyed an hour to myself to bake some bread, blog, cook dinner, do laundry and enjoy some silence:) Let the madness begin all over again as Jared leaves us tomorrow.
6 comments:
girl...you are one serious tough cookie! I don't know how you do it all! I wish you had many more hours just to sit down and relax! and not cram 8 things into the one hour your have by yourself! You look great, and I am with you - I would definitely go w/ the binkie.
BINKY BINKY BINKY!!! I sucked my thumb as a child and could NOT break the habit for the longest time. (seriously...like, Kindergarten) So I say binky all the way! I always say just plug'um in!
And that picture of the boys going potty...I about died laughing. John will get a kick out of that.
did you just take your blog off of private?
First, you are seriously a hero. I don't know how you do it. I feel frazzled and I only have one and a husband present! As for the binky vs. thumb question, I say go thumb all the way. They say thumb suckers are the easiest, most content babies. I was a thumb sucker, no problems quitting, and now they have this device you just pop in their mouth to get them to quit! Plus, anything they can do for themselves and you don't have to do for them is always my first choice!!
It was great to see you, I'm busy selling MArio on Arizona now!
Ahhh... I love all those pictures! Your boys are so cute! I bet you all love it when Jared is home for his couple of days!
I agree with what your friend Adrianne says about the thumb... but they both have their pro's and con's!
PS - Love the Hot Mama's club! You are one hot mama! If I ever move to AZ, I wanna join that club!
Ethan sucked his fingers, and Jax took a binkie...and I am all for the fingers all the way- Tori is trying hard to suck her thumb right now and ends up with her whole fist in her mouth! Its so funny! But I may not have much of an option on the binkie question because all of the sudden the past week she has been spitting it out ALL THE TIME!
And I loved the potty picture too!
Post a Comment