Monday, May 11, 2009

Slurp


I am in the process of "slurping" (quite the adjective) my blog into a book format. It has been very entertaining and fulfilling going through the last 2 years of blogging. I am adding more pictures, editing a few posts that I think are boring, and getting the format to flow just right. So far I have 215+ pages to edit, and I am on page 35. This will take me a few weeks, but I can' wait for the finished result. It's almost like my own little genealogy work (or at least that is what I tell myself so I don't feel so guilty about doing my ancestry work). Now that I know that I will be eventually printing out all of these posts, I am going to make them extra detailed (or random!).

Jared left today at 4am. He was home this weekend for 24 hours. He has a conference in San Diego, so on his "day off," he is actually working still. I feel bad for all of us. He would like to be able to sit and relax with us here at home. And we would like to enjoy his company (and extra help). Everyday is an attitude adjustment for me as I tackle my three little monkeys alone. Today has been good, considering that we just worked on Wesley's alphabet, I squeezed in a morning scripture study over breakfast, worked out, the boys helped unload the dishwasher, Austin ate all of his breakfast and lunch, I haven't eaten any sweets yet (I ate a healthy lunch of a salad), and Isaac had his second bath of the day b/c he had a HUGE blow out up to his ears (it's hard to finagle him out of his onesie without getting the poop smeared all over me!). Then again, it is Monday. By Friday, I am sure I will be one frazzled woman and won't be anywhere near motivated to do these same things.

Mother's Day was a quick one. Highlights for the day:
Heart shaped pancake with powdered sugar. Wesley was the genius behind this creation.
Jared doing dishes after lunch.
Afternoon nap (we all took one!)
Eating a meal together (beef stroganoff, a favorite. Even if I did cook it, I didn't mind b/c Jared stayed busy with the boys. I also enjoyed cleaning up while they wrestled).
Having my new SUV scrubbed clean.
Pitching baseballs to the boys at night, when it cooled off to a warm 95 degrees.
Letting Jared bathe and tuck the boys in (they went to bed at 10:30pm, taking advantage of time with Papa and his bedtime stories).
Packing up Jared's backpack with clean undies and socks.

You know you are a mother when:

  1. You count the sprinkles on each kid's cupcake to make sure they're equal.
  2. You consider it a major triumph if you shower by noon.
  3. You hope ketchup is a vegetable, since it's the only one your child eats.
  4. You hide in the bathroom to be alone.
  5. You can talk on the phone, pack a lunch & feed the baby all at once.
  6. You find Goldfish crackers in the glove box of your car.
  7. You have kept your favorite babysitter a secret from other mothers in the ward.
  8. You use your own saliva to clean your child's face.
  9. You can recite Goodnight Moon and Green Eggs and Ham by heart.
  10. You have caught spit-up in your hand.
  11. You consider parenting to be the best job in the world.


Here is a picture of baby chunky Isaac. This is his typical, "I am starving and want to eat!" face on his way home from church.

This week will be my sister's graduation from ASU with her Master's degree in Social Work. My dad and brother Gavin will be visiting and staying with us for her ceremony. We then will make the LONG drive to Utah for my mother's wedding. She leaves the very next day to live in Argentina and start up her new life as a Mrs. Oscar Abreo.

I am also officially hired back on at Mountain Side Fitness! Let the aerobics/ kid classes begin:)

Scottsdale Night 8K Run:

I had to walk most of it due to a sprained knee. It was great fun to get out on a date together:) Jared did a great job running the entire time, considering that he doesn't usually run at all. It's okay honey that you left me behind in the dust. I stayed back with my hot mama's and chatted.

Not sure what we will do the rest of day. It's only 1:30pm and 101 degrees.

4 comments:

Allison said...

Love the new family picture and are they able to "slurp" blogs again?! I was just researching it and starting to do it when it Blogger changed something and we couldn't anymore. What book site are you using?!

Toodles said...

That is such a good idea to turn your blog into a family history book / a journal! You are so good at writing detailed blogs that the journal will be fantastic!
I'm glad Jared was home for Mother's Day and that you were able to relax a little!

Mama Apes... said...

what a great post! Love the list of you know your a great mom stuff! So many of them apply to so many of us! Thanks for the help with my kids today and hope you have a great week!

Tawna said...

You amaze me!! Every time I read your blog. I don't know how you do it, but it is amazing! I loved #2 on You know you're a mother when...cracked me up!!