Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Superwoman

Today was a day where I feel like I was a superwoman with super human powers.

Last night: Up with all three boys

Austin: nightmares, climbed into bed, etc. (up by 5:55am)
Wesley: peed the bed after drinking too much water after t-ball practice
Isaac: I think he got a snack around 2am? I can't remember! But, he did "sleep" (or stay in his crib) from 7pm-5am.
Jared: up the night before helping him pack and get out the door by 4am.

So...my nights rest averaged around 4 hours. This is also all with an upset stomach. I am not sure what bug I have, but it makes me super nauseous. I hope it goes away soon. I was too busy today to worry too much about it, but now that I am sitting here in peace...churn churn.

Today I turned into a daycare. I watched 8 kids, all under the age of 5 from 6:30am-5pm. It actually was a great day! I was determined to have my kids actually "play" with the kids vs. movies or playing video games. So, that meant that I had to dive into the fun as well.

Activities: Twister, forts, duck duck goose, dancing, puzzles, music making and hide 'n seek.

The trickiest part was doing a lunch scene with no high chair for the 1 and 2 year olds. We also did some illegal driving to preschool today. Don't tell the cops! I had Wesley in the front seat (he doesn't weigh enough), the little toddlers in huge booster seats, and double buckling in the backseat. 9 of us in an 8 passenger car. I am so glad this is not a daily thing.

Somehow, with an upset tummy and only 4 hours of sleep, I was still able to run the household and enjoy my Biggest Loser Season finale:).

Pay it forward for all the angels that have watched my kiddos before.

4 comments:

The Gearharts said...

It's amazing what we all can do when we put our mind to it. Good job, and good luck with more sleep. By the way I printed my blog book and absolutely love it...it's so worth the time.

Erika said...

Phew, what a day...I think I've had some like that before! I hate those strings of no-sleep-nights as well...they catch up to you. And ditto to the blog books. I printed '07 and '08 and enjoy occasionally flipping through them.

Michelle said...

okay, why in the world were you watching 8 kids? you're nuts! and...i'm pretty sure that kids are supposed to be like 12 years old before they can sit in the front seat...no matter what they weigh! you're nutso!

Up in Bubbles said...

Wow you do seem pretty dang super. I would not sign up for a day like that. I can relate to the no sleep at night thing.