We are back to square one...letting baby Isaac cry it out.
I slept in the guest room at the end of the house last night to avoid breaking my heart. When will he learn how to soothe himself? It's so hard hearing his little wimpers.
Put him to bed by 7pm, but woke up several times knowing that he needed me. I finally rescued him at 5:30am. Sobbing baby. Poor baby. Just wants his mama.
They are itty bitty for such a short time, why can't I just hold him and help him? I know that this is for his own good, to help teach him how to sleep...then, why is it so hard on me?
He is now 5 months old, and almost 20 lbs. He is not lacking in the nutrition and needs to be sleeping longer stretches. My chunky monkey.
2 comments:
Keep it up!!! I have such a mama's girl on my hands and I regret that I did that to her. Soon he will figure it out and not want to eat all night. So sad though!!!
Hang in there! We went through the same thing with Molly and it was so so hard, but just remember you are teaching him a life-skill. He absolutely needs to learn to self-soothe. It made me feel better to get some reassurances from my pediatrician. I met with him when Molly was six months old and I was desperate for some sleep. She weighed 18 pounds at the time and he told me she should be sleep at least 8 hours without a feeding. It gave me so much more confidence to know I was doing the right thing. Be strong!!!
Post a Comment