I was at my sister's house helping her job hunt when I heard the dreaded sound from Isaac....the one that only babies can make and get away with in public. Yes, the juicy, wet, long, toot sound!
At this point, I unbutton his onesie as soon as I can to avoid any leakage onto his back. I am not a fan of changing his outfits more than one time a day, and we all know how far that yellow liquid can spread (and how fast). I thought I was in the clear with this dirty diaper b/c I avoided a "blowout."
I reached over to my diaper bag to find it EMPTY of diapers! I had put in 5 diapers just two days ago before church, so how could this be! I keep a fresh stack in my car, but it was at the shop getting a DVD player installed (can't leave home without one of those when you have kiddos!). So... I needed to be resourceful, and I needed to do it quickly.
What could I use? My sister is single and obviously would not keep any diapers around. There were no stores within walking distance. I didn't have an extra swimming diaper in my bag, or underwear, or duck tape, or cotton balls. Then the idea came to me: a maxi pad!
My sister fetched one for me from her bathroom and off I went in my quest of cleanliness. I wiped his bottom clean, spread that maxi pad ON TOP of the yellow madness, pulled the wings tightly around the edges of the messy diaper, and called it good.

The result? A smelly, yet clean baby bottom. The maxi pad was not absorbent enough for a good nap (he woke up with pee across his belly), but it definitely did the job until I could get back into my car to get a clean diaper back on him.
May this be the ONLY time that my son ever wears a feminine product of any type.
Thank you Ms. Maxi:)
9 comments:
This is one of the funniest stories I have ever heard! Very resourceful though!
You are so resourceful!!! How funny-a great story to tell him when he grows up!
Great story.
Particularly ingenious idea! What a tale...and thanks for your sweet comments on my blog!
I loved it! I'm sure he did too! LOL
i love it! you're so funny!
Oh my that's a good one. I laughed out loud. Way to be resourceful!!
Too funny, glad it worked out I think I might wrapped him up in a towel, but I doubt it would work out too well.
That is so sick. Nothing like poopy getting all over and then having to leave it there. YUCK!
Post a Comment