Wednesday, August 26, 2009

All about Me

We sat down for FHE last week and did "All About Me" for Jared and the boys. Wesley's kindergarten teacher sent it home with him for homework, so I was inspired to have the whole family do it. No one asked me the same fun questions, but I guess that is just what happens when you are the mom, right? No one takes your pictures ( you are always snapping them), you are behind the video camera, and it's up to me to keep track of all our "family life" info.

Here are some of the questions:

Wesley, Age 5Favorite food: ravioli
Favorite color: purple and blue
Favorite movie: wolverine, x-men, Treasure Planet (and Scooby Doo)
Favorite game: Hide'n'go Seek, tag, "Base" (alguien te busca, te corres, llegues al sofa y eso es base)
Favorite toy: swords, and Venom
When do you feel happiest: If you buy us a toy, or let us watch a movie, or you let me eat a candy
When do you feel most sad: When you spank me, or mom spanks me, or when Austin scratches me almost to my heart, starting with my head.
When do you feel scared: When I am at the store alone b/c someone left me and a bad person comes and takes me and kills me (quite the imagination!)
What don't you like: When I am the only one behaving well, being the example at school on the green light and always doing what I am supposed to do.
What do you do well: I run fast and I am strong. I can lift up a big rock.
What can you do by yourself: Wipe my own botom, I am helping Austin learn to wipe his bottom
What are you getting better at doing: "Snapping" and whistling
How do you help out at home: I help dad pick off dead skin (his sunburns) and also with the plates. I help when you call me and when you need help.
What would you do if you were a teacher: I would go to school and show everyone what they need to learn.
What do you want to be when you grown up:Go on a rollercoaster, like the star one (Disnelyand) or play some game where you spin and get hit, almost like little fires, but they don't burn you.


Austin, Age 3Favorite food: eggs with bread (huevos con pan)
Favorite color: green, like Laffy Tacky (taffy)
Favorite movie: Muffits (muppets) in Space (he happened to watch it the night before. I would vote that his favorite is Brier Rabbit or Karate Dog)
Favorite game:Wrestling with papa, and winning like Venom does
Favorite toy: Venom (or Hulk, Spiderman, Iron Man, or his sticky bug from the "treasure box")
When do you feel happiest: when I get surprises, like Rock Man o algo
When do you feel most sad: when you don't let me wrestle
When do you feel scared: when a bad man gets me and I run fast like a cheetah (wow!)
What don't you like: to sleep (so true!)
What do you do well: Me veo "hansome" (I am handsome)
What can you do by yourself: Blow up balloons (case se acaba mi aire)
What are you getting better at doing: Taking a shower (me bano). I let him do it alone with Wes.
How do you help out at home: When dad cuts down trees, that are old, I put them where we go camping (in our backyard)
What would you do if you were a teacher: I would look at things and I would also work
What do you want to be when you grown up: I want to work with my hands

Jared, Age 29Favorite food: Quesadillas
Favorite color: Black
Favorite movie: I don't watch t.v, x-men trilogy I could watch over again
Favorite game: Catch
Favorite toy: my wife
When do you feel happiest: Good work week + long weekend
When do you feel most sad: On Tuesdays when I go back to work and leave my family
When do you feel scared: When Austin says, 'No quiero que te vayas.' Sometimes I get scared on the airplaine and I think, "This could be the big one and I might crash."
What don't you like: To argue with wife
What do you like: Drink liquados, sleep in, hang out with wife
What do you do well: I am very loyal, "I am the nicest guy ever."
What can you do by yourself: Speak Spanish, I am a perfectionist
What are you getting better at doing: I can get along; laundry, grocery shopping, making bed, excercise, dinner, etc.
How do you help out at home: pay all of the bills, wipe off counters, wrestle with kids
What would you do if you were a teacher: make my classes fun and engaging
What do you want to be when you grown up: own my own business again so I can be at home with my wife and coach my kids in sports.


Adrienne, Age 30Favorite food: cobb salads (but I do love fudge bars, red vines, Lorna Doones and Pringles)
Favorite color: Orange or red
Favorite movie: Romantic comedy, drama...Sandra Bullock and Will Smith are great to watch
Favorite game: Aerobic classes
Favorite toy: Internet
When do you feel happiest: Eating dinner as a family,watching Jared wrestle with the boys, or nuring Isaac
When do you feel most sad: taking Jared to the airport
When do you feel scared: Nighttime of course! Every night alone in my house!
What don't you like: a messy kitchen, hairy legs, or overly-tired children
What do you do well: cook, multi-task, write, teach
What can you do by yourself: run a household
What are you getting better at doing: being more patient at bedtime with my boys, and have more self control with my snacking
How do you help out at home: drive kids around, cook, love, assist, remind, clean, coach
What would you do if you were a teacher: individually help out each student
What do you want to be when you grown up: I just want to be together as a family every night!

2 comments:

Mama Apes... said...

what a great idea!! Now you will have a true record of what your lives were at this phase of life!

Boley Boys said...

I love your cob salads! You are the salad Queen!