Took him to his 6 month check up today (although he is really almost 7 months).
Height: 27 inches (75th %)
Weight: 18.8 lbs (59th %, he dropped from his 80th%)
Head: 90th % (he is finally catching up to my other big headed boys)
I am back to making my homemade baby food. I really enjoy it, despite the mess in preparation. I have become more confident in what I prepare and creative. By just browsing the baby food aisle, I get lots of ideas as to what I can make. This morning I made a prune, applesauce and oatmeal combo that he loved smearing across his face! Some of it got inside, and honestly, I am NOT looking forward to that nasty colored diaper when it comes out....gross. I really enjoy making the food b/c it makes me feel like I am contributing in a small way to making my babies healthier and happier. The first few days I gave him rice cereal, and boy did that clog him up. So, with a bit more prunes every few days...he does much better.
As Dr. Ravi (the pediatrician) told me today, even though the food may say, "organic," it is still being processed and sitting in a jar for who knows how long. I prefer the fresh food for my babe. With just a little bit of prep and planning ahead, I think we will do great. I love how he crinkles his toes when he is eating. Those first few bites are always so fun to watch as he figures out how to open up his mouth and flap his arms to get the food in. I love having Wes and Aus help feed him and watching THEM as they open up their mouths along with Isaac!Too cute for this mama.
4 comments:
Too cute! I'm making my own food too. How are you making your prunes? Summer's having a little clogging issue of her own...
I made my own food - because Argentina doesn't sell babyfood, and I got these great little plastic containers (from the US) that after I made it I could fill them then pop them in the freezer until I needed them. I can't remember the brand, but look online, they were great for not having to prepare it everyday.
And I didn't last too long before I just started popping our food in the blender and freezing that - lasagna at 7 months, is that a problem??? He'll eat anything now which is great!
It looks like you are staying pretty busy...I'm not surprised.
You are too good...so concerned about feeding your kids the most healthy things. Me on the other hand...I go for easy (not organic and not home made). It makes me tired just thinking of you in your kitchen making food for Isaac. You're awesome!
Post a Comment