Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Beach Bums

From my earlier post, you will remember that we were not able to go to the beach until evening time b/c Jared could not get off work earlier. With an attitude adjustment on my part, I still was able to snap out of my funk and have a good time.

Wesley and Austin were so excited to see the ocean! They immediately took off their sandals and started racing to the ocean front (that didn't last longer than 5 min. b/c they got so tired from running). Their raw excitement was so fulfilling to watch as their mama! They loved the touch of the sand in between their toes and they couldn't wait to jump in.

The water was soooo cold. I don't know how Wesley, Austin and Jared even touched it! Austin did not last more than 10 minutes before he had been dunked by one too many waves and had sand plastered all over his scalp and back. Wesley wanted to swim, but the evening tide was a bit too much for his body. Even the sand crabs didn't want to come out and play!

Isaac was crying to be fed, and so I juggled: an uncomfortable nursing with sand blowing in our faces, getting Austin dried off in a towel, peeling an orange for him, taking pictures of Jared and Wesley swimming, and trying to keep sand out of my purse. All in a days work, right? Wes was sad that we couldn't build sand castles or swim longer, but hopefully we will come back sooner than later.

Those freezing showers to rinse off are always the coldest part of going to the beach. I was shivering just watching Jared and Wes rinse off. Poor Austin was so cold that all he could do was cry. We then hiked back up to where we had parked to dry off a bit more and shake off those bits of sand that get everywhere. I wanted to snap more pictures of our walk back, but I became a human coat rack with Isaac on one side, towels/bags/flip flops/hats in another. The beach is such a great place for photography...but alas, I am happy with the few ones I took.

Papa John's Pizza is always a great way to end the night, especially with Tino and Tatia.


















2 comments:

Clark Family said...

Wow, your beach pictures are beautiful. How fun you guys went to disneyland. Something we would love to do with the boys someday. Love the blog!

Allison said...

You got some beautiful pictures of the boys! :)