Monday, May 17, 2010

Answers

Answers

Today we received one that we did not want to have

Or accept

Devastated
Frustrated
Sad
Heartbroken

Why?
What could we have done differently?
What to do now?
How long until we will know what our NEXT step is?
How many more prayers, fasts, and temple visits do we need to keep doing?

I guess more.
Many more.
Until the peace comes.

It doesn't matter what the question was. It only matters that we have our answer.

So....the battle continues. Between faith and doubt.

Life is meant to be up and back down. I feel like we have had a lot of slow declining hills.... almost a year of them.

I still count my blessings: Jared, Wesley, Austin, and Isaac.
They are what matter to me.
I have a healthy body, I am employed, we have truth and knowledge, and a fridge full of food.

Still doesn't make the discouragement go completely away.
Time does heal raw wounds. I am grateful that this is a smaller wound.
Could always be worse.

I pray that it won't be worse.

Hang in there.

Fake it 'til you make it.

14 comments:

Adrianne said...

Hey. I hope all is okay. HAng in there!

Arianne Pearce said...

We sure do love you guys. Maybe someday you will look back on this and realize why you had such a difficult time.

Erika said...

Ugh. I feel for you. Life is so hard sometimes. And we can easily sit in church and talk about all the trials we know we all have to face because of blessings they'll bring and how they'll make us stronger...but when they smack us hard in the face it's always tough to swallow. Always. I guess it's the not giving up that counts.

My little family and I finally feel like we're climbing out of a hole of trial after trial after trial. And looking back I can see blessings that I couldn't see then, and I can see how some things that felt so hard, actually were a blessing in disguise and in the end they all made us a little stronger.

I'll keep you in my prayers.

The Gearharts said...

I'm sorry! Life really never goes the way we want them to. Which scares me because we are sort of in the same "career" change position you guys are in. So I'm trying to brace myself for the worst. Awful isn't it. But through all the trials we've had I can ALWAYS look back and see the Lords hand directing us to where HE wants us to go and in the end, that's all that matters.


I have to say I love your phrase:
Fake it till you make it.
Im stealing it and faking it all the way.

elshmobelsh said...

Hey A-
You've been on my mind a lot. I'm so sorry it didn't work out. And now another jump into the darkness while you wait and figure things out. It's hard to walk blind. I hear ya. Sometimes I feel like its all I can do to keep my faith from being crushed. To hold onto one thread of hope. But I know down in my deepest part of my soul if we keep holding onto that one thread of hope, it will eventually turn into a rope and lifeline that will pull us back into the light. I know that doesn't make the hurt go away, but please know you have a friend thinking about you in TX. loves
E

Beth said...

I am so sorry. I understand your frustration. It is so very hard to wait and not know what the future holds. I really hate waiting. And sometimes I don't know if in this life we will fully understand why certain things happen. I like to think though that when you have a nasty trial the blessings are better in the end. It's nicer to think about it that way.

Let us know how things work out. We're praying for you.

Toodles said...

I'm sorry you got the answer you were not wanting:(. I hope things turn around soon and you get some answers you do want! I'm sure that will be the case, but in the mean time, you're in my prayers.

Besos, M.

Brooke said...

I'm sorry to hear that...you have such a great attitude even as you push through the unknown. Your sweet family can get through this and you will be stronger and better for it! XOXO

Julie said...

Love you!!!

Candi said...

Hey girl..
I hate getting answers that are not what we want. I remember thinking when I was young that by the time I was "thirty something" life would be figured out. Somehow, thats not exactly how it works. I'm here if you ever need to chat, complain, or whatever. And you can totally be on the list for the next girlie party we have!! Hang in there, and know you have people who care.

Michelle said...

hey A....so sorry to read this post. You know I love you, and I am totally thinking about you guys. I wish I could give you a big tight hug - like the kind that you give people. I love you and your guys so much. You're amazing.

The Big Sister said...

we are always thinking about you guys over here, and have been praying for you!!!

Mama Apes... said...

Know that your NOT alone and that we'll keep you in our prayers! So many of us are going through a mid life carrer changes too it sounds like.
Not quiet what we want to be doing right now, but keep your chin up and the lord will bless you and your sweet family!
I promise. XXOO

Mike and Kelli said...

So sorry Adrienne! We're praying that that Lord has another opportunity in store for your sweet family!