A few thoughts:
I loved going to the Utah Church museum with Julie Boam to share my mom's display with her. I missed my mom seeing her lovely picture and hearing her voice. I hugged the computer and wished that she wasn't so far away. I loved meeting Julie's family and playing with green eyeshadow.
I loved visiting with my family at Tia Martha's house. Hugs, Costco lasagna and a gorgeous setting helped make the evening very fun.
I loved my late night sleepover with Michelle Clark, and waking up to her and her mom for a couch chit chat about life. She knows the ins and outs of all my family and always asks so many intimate questions. The run down memory lane (1000 east and Sandy Highland condos) was so special to share with you.
Chit chatting has always been a favorite past time of mine. This time around, it meant that much more to me b/c I was seeing friends that I usually only see ONCE a year. Between our cheese fries at Training Table, Hires Big H onion rings and homemade shakes or Little Cesar's crazy bread...we shared some great conversations over calories.
I felt like my friends really were so interested in my life, as I was theirs. Never once did I get tired of talking and talking and talking. About life, family, dreams, trials, children, college, the Ragnar, and religion.
It was exhausting having my "polite" and "best face" for all these friends (b/c that is what you do when you are catching up after a year of no contact!) I loved the sharing of stories and how wonderful it is to just feel like despite the years and distance, you really can connect with so many people on different levels and about different things. As my friend Kariann put it, some friends are friends of the "heart" and others are of the "road." Both friendships are equally important during your life, and whether your friendships last throughout the years, or diminish with time...it is just another fact to me about why friendships mean so much to me. I really felt like I have both sides of the friendship scale. I cherish my "road" friendships, but the majority of my Utah friends were reuniting with those "heart" friendships. I left feeling renewed, loved, valued, missed and happy. I felt like the 'ol Adrienne from high school and SUU was able to come out again, not worried about bedtime routines or discipline...just pure chit chatting.
It's now late. I am still on an emotional high. I am excited to get back on track with my 1300 calorie diet, teaching summer school and even studying for my re-cert test.
I am grateful for good friends. I am grateful for a wonderful family. I am grateful for health.
5 comments:
I was so behind on your blog! Fun, scary, exciting and emotional stories! Glad that you're doing well!! The boys are getting big! :)
I had NO idea you did so much and saw so many people in that short span of time! You are a dear friend. Obviously to more people than just me. We all hold you near our "hearts".
But I didn't have MY polite face on! LOL! I'm so glad that you could come and spend so much time with me... I feel a little bad for not sharing you more, but not too bad! :p Love you lots and lots and lots!
What a special trip for you, RAGNAR, and so many special memories! You did amazing for all the things we are faced with! Glad you got to visit with so much friends and family! I cant wait to hear all about it! I need you to send me pic's too! Love you to the moon and back!
I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip! you look...AWESOME! You go girl, what a great accomplishment and I'm glad you had such a wonderful time seeing friends and family. Thanks for the insight on friends.
Post a Comment