Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Letter

First days of school for Austin who started kindergarten, and Wesley in first grade. They both attend Arizona Charter Academy with their me.Energy is spent while Jared and I prepare for a ½ marathon in January. While training separately, we hope to cross the finish line together. I also enjoyed the “Wasatch Mountain Ragnar Relay” in June where I ran with 5 other friends over 36 hours and covered many miles under our feet. Such a great memory.Loosing teeth. Austin had his two front teeth pulled (two years early) due to an toddler fall he had 3 years ago. He loves to stick his tongue through the gap, which goes well with his jokester personality. Wesley is growing in a bottom set.Isaac is our “bipolar baby.” Turns 2 in January. Happy or mad. No in between. He loves his morning smoothies with papa, demands to play with every ball nearby and will give kisses only if you are lucky. Z (sigh) still trying to figure out what language we are speaking at home...with two boys in school all day long, their Spanish tongue is slowly turning into a Spanglish mess. We are doing our best to maintain it, but we can feel it slipping away. Isaac can now say, “eat, shoe, agua...” who knows what will come next?


Never a dull moment as I teach 5th graders all day long. I am figuring out how to teach fractions, the importance of respect towards others, and still squeeze in some fun. Another move! We bought a short sell and moved in October. Move #16. This one is permanent, or at least we hope so! We are still in Surprise, AZ. Very exciting sports year! Jared coached Wesley and Austin in soccer. Austin has yet to really love sports like Wesley, but they had a good time chasing balls across the fields together. Wesley just finished up his first year of “coach pitch” baseball. Although I find baseball to be very boring, it was worth all of the cold night practices to see Wesley up to bat and hit the ball!I am doing all I can to find balance between work, family, homework, friends, exercise, church and sanity. Still a work in progress. Dollars, bonds, memos and meetings. Jared started a new job as a surety bonds assistant with EMC insurance. What is that you ask? I am still trying to figure it out.After the boys are asleep, my favorite part of the day is re-tucking them in and remembering how much we love our family...these little ones will be big boys soon and I already miss them. Dad Lowe, aka Grandpa Lowe, is now living with us for the winter months. We enjoy his company, his unconventional ways of expressing himself with words, and of course his sense of humor.
First days of school for Austin who started kindergarten, and Wesley in first grade. They both attend Arizona Charter Academy with their me.Energy is spent while Jared and I prepare for a ½ marathon in January. While training separately, we hope to cross the finish line together. I also enjoyed the “Wasatch Mountain Ragnar Relay” in June where I ran with 5 other friends over 36 hours and covered many miles under our feet. Such a great memory.Loosing teeth. Austin had his two front teeth pulled (two years early) due to an toddler fall he had 3 years ago. He loves to stick his tongue through the gap, which goes well with his jokester personality. Wesley is growing in a bottom set.Isaac is our “bipolar baby.” Turns 2 in January. Happy or mad. No in between. He loves his morning smoothies with papa, demands to play with every ball nearby and will give kisses only if you are lucky. Z (sigh) still trying to figure out what language we are speaking at home...with two boys in school all day long, their Spanish tongue is slowly turning into a Spanglish mess. We are doing our best to maintain it, but we can feel it slipping away. Isaac can now say, “eat, shoe, agua...” who knows what will come next?


Never a dull moment as I teach 5th graders all day long. I am figuring out how to teach fractions, the importance of respect towards others, and still squeeze in some fun. Another move! We bought a short sell and moved in October. Move #16. This one is permanent, or at least we hope so! We are still in Surprise, AZ. Very exciting sports year! Jared coached Wesley and Austin in soccer. Austin has yet to really love sports like Wesley, but they had a good time chasing balls across the fields together. Wesley just finished up his first year of “coach pitch” baseball. Although I find baseball to be very boring, it was worth all of the cold night practices to see Wesley up to bat and hit the ball!I am doing all I can to find balance between work, family, homework, friends, exercise, church and sanity. Still a work in progress. Dollars, bonds, memos and meetings. Jared started a new job as a surety bonds assistant with EMC insurance. What is that you ask? I am still trying to figure it out.After the boys are asleep, my favorite part of the day is re-tucking them in and remembering how much we love our family...these little ones will be big boys soon and I already miss them. Dad Lowe, aka Grandpa Lowe, is now living with us for the winter months. We enjoy his company, his unconventional ways of expressing himself with words, and of course his sense of humor.

2 comments:

Clark Family said...

Merry Christmas!

Toodles said...

How fun to have your dad with you guys for awhile! I love seeing my parents whenever I get the chance.

Glad you guys are doing well and hope you had Merry Christmas!! xoox.