Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tooth fairy

Wesley is 7 years old. Lots of questions now about the tooth fairy. Not much gets past him.

It all started with a jawbreaker from Ms. Lee afterschool. The pressure it put on his upper tooth made a "crack" sound and Wesley decided to just yank on it and push it out! So...he did. I was happy for him and we did the whole letter to tooth fairy and putting it under his pillow. He asked for 8 dollars and some nickels (random!). He only got a dollar...which is what he will always get.

The next morning Wesley had to verify that I didn't write it...he even compared my handwriting! Good thing Jared wrote the letter this time around, so I didn't have to lie.
After getting dressed (same morning), Wesley decided that he wanted to pull the other tooth out! Who does that! So, amidst the madness of morning routine, he yanked and yanked and got it out.




He was very excited to show his new grin to his friends.
Now I have two toothless twins.
That night, Wesley delve into more questions for tooth fairy; what is your name, are you a boy or girl, why am I not "aloud" to see you, where do you live, etc.

Answers? Tooth fairy is a girl named Summer, who lives in the Land of Smiles (good job Jared for creativity), and no one can see tooth fairies b/c it's against the law.

Wonder how much longer we'll keep this up?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

oh my gosh! they are so cute! And really! Who just yanks a tooth out for fun? Was it even loose? Crazy kid!