But....Jared feels strongly about him NOT being the youngest and smallest boy as school continues on for him...
Austin cannot repeat the Kindergarten as we had anticipated b/c he has been issued an SAIS number (State ID), therefore no matter where he goes, if he repeated Kinder, we would have to pay the $200 a month at the school. Since he started at age 4, they don't allow those children to repeat kinder, assuming that you could've just done preschool at that time. This last year, he had to go to school b/c I worked full time...it was my only option as a career working mama.
We had thought about transferring him to Marley Park elementary, out of convenience and location, but I just couldn't shake the feeling that my boys should go to ACA for another year. I LOVE the 2nd and 1st grade teachers, they have little friends, I am familiar with the curriculum, we know the staff, and I feel like they will be well taken care of even though I am not "full time" there anymore. It especially makes me feel good that most of the staff know who my kids are by name, and I feel like they will watch out for them while I am not there.
I loved Austin's teacher Mrs. Mitchell. Very educated, creative, and soft spoken with a huge heart for little ones. She made personalized narratives for each child this year and gave it to us with his Kinder picture. I love those personal gifts, especially when you know how much time they spend with your child during the school hours. There must be plenty to say!
I got emotional the minute I heard the processional music play for my sweet 5 year old to walk down the big walkway and up to the stage. It's hard accepting that your kids are growing up. I guess that is why we keep having more...the not LET GO of childhood.
Austin is very helpful and cheerful with chores, washing mama's feet or sweeping.
Austin is very curious and is constantly asking questions.
Austin loves to play (and torture) Isaac.
Austin can do 103 full sit ups without stopping! He literally has an 8 pack and 0 body fat.
Austin loves to be your companion; errands, traveling, sleeping over or going for a walk.
Austin is great at building (legos or puzzles) and enjoys playing by himself with his imagination.
Austin is a jokester and constantly saying things to get you to laugh.
Congratulations Austin on a successful year of Kindergarten!
No comments:
Post a Comment