Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First day of Summer

I am in a new transition in my life. No more working full time! My last day was yesterday at the school where I finished off the last bit of cleaning my room, turned in my electronics, my key and signed off the check list to my principal.

Has it hit me yet? Not quite. Jared keeps telling me, "It's going to be a long summer for you!" Not sure what that will mean. Will it be b/c I will now be more nazi about cleaning and keeping the house organized? Will I go crazy with the brother fights that will happen daily with time outs? Will being 9 months prego finally wear me down 'til I burst into tears b/c I feel trapped in this weighted down body? (I have gained 30 lbs, sitting at 31 weeks now...my goal? No more than 10 lbs please!)

I am not sure if I will continue the early am workouts or not. It sure is nice to not haul my kiddos around and deal with their ups/downs of the gym (or germs). In and out, nice and quick if I go early. I think I will try to keep them doing something busy every morning, do the lunch thing (I loaded up on fish sticks, fruit and crackers at the store yesterday...back to making lunches again! Kinda fun!), and then during Isaac's nap, I want to do some sort of "school time" for the boys where they read and do math. When Isaac gets up, we can either swim or watch a movie and I can prep for dinner.

It all sounds really nice on paper, not sure how realistic any of this is.

Projects? I don't think it's from "nesting," it's simply b/c I have neglected so many small areas b/c I have been gone for 10 months working!

1. De-clutter my kitchen drawers and make spaces available for books that my boys can access.
2. Go through my toy room, organize it with bins and tubs and find a light for the corner.
3. Transfer my videos on my computer to one file so we can watch them all together.
4. Put Wesley and Austin's school work into plastic sheets and binders for safe keeping.
5. Find furniture for Wesley (dresser, bed frame) in preparation for Levi's arrival.
6. Organize my jewelry drawer, as well as the computer area.
7. Potty train Isaac!!!!
8. Turn this blog into my third blog book...that alone will take 80+ hours of editing....sheesh

Just gotta take it day by day. Going to give myself 2 weeks to get settled and not get upset. I see so many areas that need to be cleaned, dusted, organized, folded or thrown away...day by day. A little task here, two loads of laundry there, menu planning along as I go and a trip to Wal Mart when needed.

Lots to do. Things to accomplish. Naps to take.

Boys to enjoy!

No comments: