Friday, June 17, 2011

Vegas for a day


Jared had a business trip to Vegas, so we quickly found sitters for the three boys and headed out to Vegas for the night. The 5 hour trip was really hard on my back and swollen feet...definitely NO MORE ROAD trips for this mama for a while. Jared and I enjoyed our time together just chit chatting (not even music was played) and talking about life...with no distractions from our boys!

We were able to go to the Las Vegas temple that night and I was very HOT during the session. Sweet sisters were offering me tissues and aisle seats to be more comfortable. We then went to the Osaka Japanese Bistro for dinner. Yummy egg rolls and noodles...and a fun environment where you take your shoes off and are served on top of mats.

I spent the majority of the time working on THIS blog book, undisturbed :) Jared did his thing with appointments and meeting clients. I was content just to be in the Golden Nuggett hotel and staying cool. We finished off our getaway at Burlington Coat Factory (2 hours) where Jared and I shopped for Levi's car seat and Jared tried on every pair of men's shoes available. Laffy Taffy and Ginger Ale helped with my nausea and heartburn I got from sitting so long.

We got home to a house full of family, all sweating away in the 85 degree temp inside and watching a movie! Silly folks!

How nice to spend some time with my honey, one last thing to enjoy before baby comes!








No comments: