
At 4 weeks left of this pregnancy, I am feeling very physically wiped out...that and the 114 degree heat. I go from wearing my workout clothes in the am, directly to a swimsuit...just to stay cooler as the hours creep by. In my mind I can still see a waistline if I look from the front view in my spandex....then wa-bam! Big 'ol belly on the side.
I am mentally all here, wanting to get things accomplished and stay organized, but my body screams at me to STOP! Especially at nighttime, after 7pm, when the heartburn kicks in and my feet are hot and pounding from standing up and cooking dinner. I roll back and forth during the night, rotating which side gets to hold the big belly...and then wake up with lower back pain from the heaviness of it all.
My morning routine: kids are up, get them to make their beds. They rotate unloading the dishwasher (which I then load right back up with breakfast dishes). They get bored and ask me if they can watch cartoons...nope! Too early at 7:30am to be bored! Have boys give Wrangler some fresh food and empty out the cockroaches in his water dish (gross!) anddo any extra chores that I can't do; take out trash, empty out recycle box, wash down outdoor window, load up the washer/dryer/take clothing to my bed, pick up Isaac's fallen cereal off of the floor (so I don't have to haul out the vacuum), and perhaps even strip their sheets to wash.
Lots to do every morning now that I am home full time and recognize all that I want to stay clean and organized! This all happens usually by 8am....in between yells from Isaac, complaining, boredom, more complaining and once in a while they entertain themselves :) Right now Austin is building Lego's, Isaac is sitting beside him at the island playing with puzzles and Wesley is coloring. Hallelujah for 5 min!
Isaac goes in for his ENT tonsil/abenoid/ tubes put in ear surgery tomorrow morning at 5:00 am! He of course can't eat or drink, which is going to be very hard on my sweet little boy b/c his first words everyday are "EAT!" Wesley and Austin are fasting this morning (breakfast only) to show their support and faith that the surgery and recovery will go well. Good brothers (even if they are thirsty and hungry and I am beginning to see those effects!) Jared took the day off, so he will go into the hospital with us and the boys will spend the night/day with the Ashton's.
I really hope that this helps with his screaming and lack of talking. It's frustrating for him and I can only imagine how limited he is with his hearing and comfort level! I really hope he will recover quickly; drink plenty and rest well. We have to stay OVERNIGHT in the hospital. I wonder how that will go? 9 month prego mama and a toddler in a hospital room? Yikes! Going to be a long day and night...hopefully he will be just relaxed and not too bored in that room! Me too!
Thoughts on pregnancy: so excited to meet Levi Ross Wilson. Really excited for my upcoming baby shower to think of all the fun gifts and warm wishes that will be sent for my baby. I can't wait to see what he looks like and finally have him in my arms. Life is easier with the baby INSIDE, as far as toting him around and having to care for him. But, I am very ready and willing to do what I need to do to feed, comfort and LOVE on him! This pregnancy has been my best one so far. I contribute it to exercising 3-4 x's a week, eating healthy and small portions, and just not having any time to complain! lol. I have also gained LESS (for now) weight. Wa-hoo!
2 comments:
Good luck!!! Hopefully the surgery goes well, and then baby comes soon, so the aches and pains and misery at the end of pregnancy can be over!
Dear Prego Adrienne,
You look FANTASTIC!!! Your diligence in working out in those EARLY morning hours SHOWS in all the right ways. Your are ALL belly! And absolutely gorgeous!
p.s. I can't wait to meet Baby Levi also...and hold him in MY arms.
Post a Comment