Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas concerts and recitals

Lots of caroling this month! For cub scouts we went hay riding and Christmas caroling! Great weather, fun tunes and hot chocolate. Boys had a nice time with their friends and I walked behind them while chit chatting with other moms. Gpa Lowe then came with us to listen to Austin's 1st grade Christmas concert. My favorite song was about the "never ending fruit cake." Wesley conveniently got in trouble and stayed home while Levi went to bed (babysat, staring out his window for our return).I learned patience that night with my oldest. It was later Wesley's turn and we all made it (dad raced back from his weekly temple session in Mesa) for his performance. He didn't smile once, but hopefully enjoyed being on stage and seeing us on that hard cold floor on the front row.
   Boys then played their Christmas piano recital pieces (Austin: Christmas parade, we wish you a Merry Christmas. Wesley: Holly Jolly Christmas, Raider's of lost ark). This was Austin's first recital and he did great! He even forgot the names of his songs right before he played. Cute. Wesley, Mr. Confident, got right up there and played near perfectly. I was very proud of them and all the students that came. I am down to just 2 girls now (besides my boys), so I was grateful that Amy Hall invited us to be part of her recital. She is so creative with decor and really made it a success.  Best part of the night was when Levi accidentally fell into the trash can, off of a chair! so funny!












No comments: