Part of our Christmas Eve tradition is to read the Luke 2 story of Jesus' birth. This year we went a step beyond and acted it out! Melanie and Tom Hunsaker invited us over to their house where we enjoyed a turkey spread (I brought lemon cake dessert and white homemade rolls, my favorite additions) with sparkling cider. Kids behaved well and we had a great time! Levi made a HUGE baby Jesus and the look on his face told us he thought this was a joke! Austin was Joseph and Eva was Mary. Wesley was a shepard, Isaac was a wise man, I was a gold star (with a table cloth) and Jared was king Herrod.
We of course then set up the sugar cookies for Santa and reindeer food. They were asking me how he was going to get in b/c we didn't have the special key anymore. I also had to work really hard on Mr. Marshall and his many hiding spots! This is probably Wesley's last year of the magic (turning age 9). He wrote in his letter to Santa that he hoped he was on the nice list and that he didn't live in New Zealand (a joke I played in the santa email sent to him). Austin reminded Santa that "if you need me, I am in Wesley's old room." Cute. Jared and I worked hard (mostly I wrapped all the gifts and Jared tried to stay awake) and hit the sack at 11pm. A simple Eve.
No comments:
Post a Comment