Thursday, February 28, 2013

Random February Pics

"I am the man of this house."  Austin went upstairs one morning, got fully dressed into Jared's church suit, even put on church socks and told me exactly who he was. It was cute. He has always been into taking over different identities.  I thought it was cute how he was playing "spy" and then handcuffed himself to breakfast.  My dad and I went to our 2nd Annual Daddy Daughter Dance at CCV church. I always feel a little silly b/c I am the oldest daughter there, but once I am there, I relax and enjoy myself. My dad loves "Proud Mary" and "Old time Rock and Roll." We boogied, did the pretzel, cuban shuffle, YMCA and some slow songs. I recognized some men from last year!  I am grateful that he prizes me as his daughter and he always makes me feel special and loved. I am lucky.
    Pinewood derby. This year Jared and Wesley worked on it the night before, sanding and cutting away. It was going to look amazing with some gold flames on the sides, but Wesley couldn't quite figure out how to do it (and didn't want to listen to me for any advice of course). So, he had a melt down and ended up painting his car blue, over yellow... making it a green glob mess. Oh well. He still placed 11 out of 30. Not bad for having done it all by himself (vs a lot of the other boys whose cars looked professionally made or ordered).
    Isaac is getting more creative with crayons and markers. I love to see him make suns and rainbows. One day at preschool he was running around crazy, so we made an apology picture for Ms Carrie. It was really cute. He also took a picture of our popcorn afternoons which we all love to eat.  Jared did haircuts once again. They all loved the spikey look, except Levi has a longer cut on top. Funny how Isaac and Austin both did crazy faces, and they look so similar!















No comments: