Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween 2013







 I think we love Halloween because it's the beginning of the holiday season, and ideally should be cooler. This year it was still pretty warm, but we aren't complaining too much.  Jared did a great job doing the carvings of the boys' pumpkins, while the boys and I took out the seeds and cleaned up.  My prego belly felt like a large pumpkin! Wesley wanted a sunset, Austin wanted a scary face, Isaac wanted a spider, and Levi got the funkin which was already carved. Perfect!
For Halloween trick or treating, the boys dressed up like a vampire and fangs (Wesley), Austin was a spy ninja, Isaac was Spiderman, and Levi refused to put on anything. Jared and I went to a Halloween party with our friends Lindsey and Matt Allen. We dressed up like a beer belly white trash hubby with his blondie wife. I felt silly showing so much skin (with hair all over it) and nasty teeth, but it was fun to pretend for a night. Jared has great looking legs, especially in my pink robe!
We ate at the Hall's house before trick or treating and then gathered together all the goods. Marley Park is a great neighborhood with lots of kids and people, I loved feeling part of the community. After the boys separated and picked out their favorite 20 candies, we then sold the candy to the local orthodontist for $2 a lb. No more candy for breakfast or sneaking it up to their rooms! And because mom is not into sweets right now, it was easy for me to give away the chocolates too.




































No comments: