We are officially here in El Paso, TX now....as of 5 days ago. The drive over here went well...Austin fell off of the bed in Tucson where we stayed the night, and between Jared and I, we averaged about 5 hours of sleep. My in-laws Carol and Glenn helped out a lot with the moving of boxes and loading up a storage shed. We didn't unpack hardly anything so that we can just load up quickly and move into another house (what's another move anyway? I am so used to living out of boxes~). We are hoping to find a house here in the next week...I will keep you posted.
El Paso is great! It has the small town feel, but with the shopping centers and freeways of a larger city. I discovered the El Paso zoo today with the boys and it was delightful. Just enough animals (bears, tigers, birds, etc) to keep the boys entertained, but definitely not crowded or packed to be annoying. It is humid here with the monsoon season, but the animals came out anyway.
I am checking out the local libraries soon, I looked at a gym facility here as well (good enough, but not what I want in their child care services), and I am signing up Wesley for a preschool starting end of August. I feel like such an old mama~ Signing up her boy for preschool...let the tears come now as I see my boy grow up. I want to establish a life here asap so I can feel comfortable.
I don't have access to internet yet, but I wanted to just update ya'll (like that southern drawl? Truth is, haven't heard much of it yet...El Paso doesn't seem to be like the other Texas cities...feels very low key here).
I am off to take the boys swimming here in the apartment complex pool. Anything to get out of the house~ The weather is great, but the pool is definitely NOT warm for my AZ skin~ Wesley still jumps in and enjoys it though...it's all about the boys~
Hasta la proxima
5 comments:
I am so glad you got there safely. Maybe your house will sell more quickly while it's empty. We've got our fingers crossed for you.
xoxo
Que bien que ya llegaron y todo este bien. Suerte en encontrar otra casa y todo... porque no compraron la otra? Bueno, besos y saludos a todos, y espero mas noticias tuyas.
Yahoo!!! You made it. Keep me posted on your new home. Love the pics. I am going to Austin to see my sister in September. How close is El Paso? Miss you!
I'm so glad you made it safely and I hope you've caught up on your sleep! I hope house hunting goes well, good luck!
I am glad things went well. I am impressed that you are diving right in to make yourself at home with the gym, library, etc. I will keep checking your blog for more exiting details. Best of luck! Oh, What did you mean by the animals came out?
Post a Comment