Saturday, August 4, 2007

Rainy Day


`Monsoon season is here and it is hit and miss with the weather. Yesterday I had been bribing Wes all day about going swimming. He had to eat all his lunch, take a good nap, behave, etc. Well, we headed out to go swimming around 4pm. It was overcast, but that is typical these days. Just as we were crossing the lawn to the pool, it started to trickle rain. Wes doesn't understand too well why we can't go swimming with the rain. But, I told him as soon as it stopped, we would hop in.

Keep in mind that this was after a long preparation of goggles, towels, lotion, sandals, water, toys, cups, keys, etc...and getting both boys to follow me to the pool in the apartment complex. We arrived at the pool and it started to rain pretty hard. We waited under the gazebo area and my instinct told me it would be a bad day if we waited any longer.

Before I knew it, it suddenly was POURING SHEETS OF RAIN!!! Both boys started to cry and I tried to cover up Austin's bare back with my bag as we RACED towards our apartment. Poor Wes had a hard time keeping up and just started crying. We arrived at our door and waited there for a good 10 min to see if it would let up. Of course it did not. We opted to play with our toys in the bathtub instead. The boys were good sports, although I was looking forward to swimming to get some of their cabin fever energy released!

Better luck next time. Still no internet access (I am on the floor of my neighbor's house) and no access to my camera downloads...but, will post pics soon.

3 comments:

Jana said...

I remember when I tried to go to the pool with the kids. . .TWICE. It was a sad day for all of us. :) At least you tried right?

Jana said...

About the tagged thing. I tagged you at the bottom of my post that says Tagged. See it? So now you have to answer all those questions on your blog. Get it? And for the weight. . . I have about 9 pounds to go. But I would be very happy with 6! :)

Diana said...

Happy Birthday Adrienne! I hope you can find someone to watch the kiddos so you and Jared can have a real date. That's all I ever ask for my birthday now that we have kids!