The posh mom is the new breed of mother-hip, savvy, and sensational. A sophisticated parent who is not reading books on child-rearing 101, she’s more interested in info that’s geared for her modern ways (juggling lunch dates and play dates, commuting and carpooling, me-time and mommy-and-me time). She is devoted to her kids and her guy but true to herself. She was fabulous before kids—at work, at home, at a cocktail party—and she still is, doing it all with style, smarts, grace, and seemingly without effort. She is all about “the best” in everything for herself and her family. And every mom wants to be her. The Posh Mom Life is the fun, fabulous, and fashionable place for her—to live, love, laugh, and learn with style.
Does this sound interesting to you hot mama's out there??? It definitely caught my attention yesterday. It was a non-typical Sunday afternoon where I was not interested in spending time with my kids (again!!!). I seem to be spending TOO much "Quality one on one" time with them these days as a single mom stuck in a small apartment. So, I checked myself out and headed over to the Barnes 'N Noble across the street. This is not something I would normally do, but I needed to just get some fresh air...boy was it a treat for me to escape into books, educating myself once again on things I enjoy (cooking, pictures of far away places and self help stuff)...and just feeling the freedom that comes from being amongst strangers and frappacinos! I discovered this book: The Posh Mom Life and instantly loved it!! It comes from two mamas that are hip and fresh, at the same time realistic with things they want for their families and kids. It is the opposite of anything Frumpy or Boring.

I read about 60 pages (will go and buy it later this week), and the info it gave me motivated me to be a better (cuter) and energetic mother for my boys. I want to be the one to take care of myself (even if it means wearing dangly earing and bangle bracelets to Wal-Mart), wear cute jeans (instead of throwing on a pair of pajama bottoms when running out the door), and actually apply some pefume just for fun! Afterall, who else can enjoy the beauty of treating yourself to a little "dazzle" if you can't? I want to take a bubble bath with peach scent candles and warm fuzzy towels just for kicks, not b/c I am trying to romance anyone:) I want to be an energetic and bubbly mother who looks strives for inner and outer beauty. Can anyone relate to these goals??
So, all you mamas out there, check out the book, as well as the website:http://blog.poshmom.com/articles/home and let me know what you think about it! Tell me your posh mom goals!
5 comments:
I thought you were already doing all of those things!!!??? :) The trimble logo with our Pic took Christopher like 4-5 hours in his professional illistrator software to do. Its his addition since I do just about everything else. And the books are written by a BYU graduate and are about Vampires. Really, I know, I thought the same, but they are such an easy read and about 2 pages in to it, you'll be hooked. Its about a girl who falls in love with a vampire and how they get a long when the whole time he wants to suck her blood. It thought it sounded fishy too, and had no idea how popular they are, but they are such easy reads I just thought, what the heck... and now Im totally in love with Edward Cullen just like the rest of the world. Her 3rd book outsold the 7th Harry Potter. You can go to StephanieMeyer.com and read about it. The idea came to her in a dream.
I sooooo agree with Suzette. Those books are FABULOUS!!! You will love every minute of reading them. I will have to check out the posh mom book. I seriously need some help on making myself a little cuter. Again, those books are so dang good. Edward, I love you!
I so want to be posh, I so am not. Please help by providing summer fashion advice that does not include leggings, as Posh spice is wearing...
hey, I need to talk to you. CALL ME!
I love the idea. I totally think that if a mom takes time to take care of herself and do things for her, she's a better mom for her kids. Granted, that's so much easier said than done, but always something to strive for! If we give and give all the time and forget who we are, we aren't happy- at lease I'm not anyway. I love my family more if I'm happy with who I am... enough from me, but yes, I love the idea of being a Posh mom!!
Post a Comment