Thursday, September 20, 2007

Demolition Days


The time is slowly coming when we can celebrate!

We officially bought and closed on our 1983 Ranch style home...pics will come soon...as soon as I can figure out how to download pics with Jared's cell phon
e.... We are demolishing anything you can think of...entire kitchen, three bathrooms, floorplans, knocking down walls, taking out rose bushes and pine trees (that are overgrown, dead or nasty), replacing all the light fixtures (some might call them antique, I just call them ugly!), putting in new french doors, and the list goes on and on...but, thanks to DirectBuy...things are reasonably cheaper. We are living in our 3 bedroom apt until it is completed (what a sigh of relief to anyone who has ever built or remodeled anything b/c the job site is not reasonable to any standard of living).


My dad (Abuelo Lowe) and his wife Olga (Abuela) now live with us too. They moved here for the winter months to pretty much be with the nietitos (grandbabies). Since I represent all
the grandkids that they have, we are more than happy to welcome them. It is nice for me b/c I actually have someone to talk to throughout the day and can hand them off once in a while for a sanity walk or a quick shower!

In the meantime, I am posting some pics of the best B-day surprise ever last month. My best friends flew me out from El Paso back to AZ as a SURPRISE GIFT! I spent two lovely days basking in the
sun and also in the warmth of their homes....ah...so cheesy and so sincere! I love you girls so much and miss you like you wouldn't believe (actually they do know how much I miss them b/c I call them and talk their ears off just needy for a listening ear!). Happy 28th b-day Adrienne! (Kudos to Jared as well for setting up the babysitting back here in EP and for making me believe that he was too busy with the DirectBuy opening to do anything big!)

I am also including some pics for our move #12 where we BORROWED Leslie's furniture for a night to "stage" our house as being occupied...needless to say, the loan DID NOT turn out and so we did that move for NOTHING! An exhausting lesson in life to learn.

2 comments:

Amberly said...

Of course I get your comments! In fact, there are few so reliable and valuable (such as yourself) that I start to wonder when I haven't seen one from you yet! I can't believe your friends flew you back here as a b-day surprise, that is completely awesome of them!

Also, congrats on the house- remodeling will be a pain, I'm sure, but a wonderful pain with a super end in sight!

Michelle said...

hey girl....have I mentioned how crazy you are! But I absolutely love it. Good luck with the new house. I am so excited for you guys. Hopefully you'll stay in El Paso for more than 4 months! j/k. did I just write j/k? That's right...I can get away with it since we've been friends since 5th grade. love ya!
mich