
In our 5 years of marriage (officially last week, August 30th thank you very much!), we have moved now a total of 12 times...across three states...am I going insane yet? Well, this last weekend was another doosey...
What am I talking about you wonder? Well, in order to get our AZ custom home appraised at top value, we had to have an appraiser come in and look at it as if someone were LIVING inside the house. What does that mean to me and Jared? Yep, we RE-PACKED up our junk in El Paso, and moved it BACK to AZ for ONE DAY!!!! One word: EXHAUSTING
It might have been a little bit better if we hadn't left at 8:30pm (Jared worked until 6pm and then it took us a few hours to load up our stuff AGAIN)...arriving in AZ at a lovely 4am. The next day (Sunday) was spent setting up house AGAIN and actually BORROWING furniture from my good friend Leslie Boley (thank goodness she has wonderful taste in furniture and made our house look beautiful....we not only invited ourselves over for her amazing roast dinner, but we then left with her kitchen table, lamps, decorative pots, baby pictures...that was a little extreme but heaven knows where my own children's pictures are...packed away back in February and haven't seen light since!), her rugs, and even her placemat and shovel! She is such a good sport, letting us have her stuff for a night.
The appraisal went smoothly, snapped a few pictures of the house and then he left. We were so prepared, we even put food in the fridge and towels on the racks...it looked better than it ever had when we lived there last month!
The rest of the day was spent RE-LOADING up the stuff for Leslie, and then another full trailer load back to El Paso...arriving this morning at 4am....not healthy for anyone!
Although this move was only for 2 days, it still was as much work as any other of our 11 moves...so, I definitely consider this to be another move chalked on my list. Are we crazy, insane, wacky or out of our minds to be doing this to ourselves? Perhaps, but we can see the light at the end of the tunnel (November ish...when we move into our house here in El Paso), and so I am trying to be flexible and in good spirits....
Now if only I could take a nap, and find our towels and toilet paper that was packed up!
A few things that made this move extra challenging:
No food to arrive to (or make meals with!) in the custom home...
Wesley's constant confusion with where we are moving...why we have some toys in one place, where are his friends, why are we sleeping here, etc
Having to load up the trailers in 111 degree heat
Driving super late (I had the 11:30-1:30am shift)
No washer/drier to clean up our traveling messes (sheets, towels, potty training undies, etc)
Having to do it back to back...in one day, out the next!!!
A few things that made this move extra challenging:
No food to arrive to (or make meals with!) in the custom home...
Wesley's constant confusion with where we are moving...why we have some toys in one place, where are his friends, why are we sleeping here, etc
Having to load up the trailers in 111 degree heat
Driving super late (I had the 11:30-1:30am shift)
No washer/drier to clean up our traveling messes (sheets, towels, potty training undies, etc)
Having to do it back to back...in one day, out the next!!!
6 comments:
good grief, I need a nap after simply reading that! what madness!
I am in the middle of my own messy move. Yuck!!! I swore that packing was worse than unpacking, but as I'm dejunking and trying to decide what goes and stays, it seems to be taking forever!!!
I'm curious to hear what your home appraises for, the market is such a buyer's market. Are you putting it on the market again right away? Good luck unpacking AGAIN!
You are AMAZING! That's all I can say. I think I would have just fallen apart when I heard the news from the appraiser that it had to be done. Wonderwoman!
HAHA, Querida, Cuentalo! I think it totally counts as a move! How many hours of a drive is it from El Paso to AZ and back??? Well, hopefully the house sells! Por Fin!
Holy cow. Can't you hire people to do that stuff? :) I can't believe you did that. You are superwoman!
I just read your comment on my blog and yes, I already do have a minivan. We bought it before Ellie was born and I LOVE IT! It is the best thing ever. My dream car!
Post a Comment