Jared got home late last night (10pm), and so we were just chatting about our days over some ice cream, etc. Austin comes running out of his room, still red cheeked from his warm bed, matted hair and with his footsie pajamas. Who wouldn't want to just scoop him up and snuggle for a bit? Well, that is what Jared did...for a good 15 mintues.
After Austin had been put back to bed, he was up AGAIN at 11pm....over to mama this time while I was doing some nightly reading in my own bed. We chatted about why he was up and how he had to go back to bed. I thought he understood....
Light are out, and Jared and I are FINALLY getting to bed at 11:37pm......we hear a noise....who is it....of course, it is Austin....
We hear some noises; his footsies running across our tile floor, what sounds like a medicine bottle, running to his room, and slamming the door shut.
Who could sleep after that, not knowing what their two-year-old is up to? Goodness gracious!
It's Jared's turn to see what is up. Austin had pushed the stool over, climbed up on the counter and grabbed his favorite animal vitamines off the counter to take to his bed. Jared retrieves them...and then the real fun begins.
Let me tell you that I was in NO mood for games! Austin had already avoided his nap that day and so I knew he was extra tired. After the vitamins he then proceeded to go for the refrigerator. I remember walking out and seeing the bright light shining on his face from the fridge and him reaching up for the cheese sticks! I gave in, hoping that he would go back to bed afterwards.
So, a cheese stick in hand and his blankie in the other...he was all snuggled in tight ready for bed. Not 10 minutes later (now past midnight), he is back in the fridge...looking for his milk, apples, more cheese, etc. You have got to be kidding!!!
I was so onry and tired by this point...lots of threats in a hushed whisper voice did me no good last night as Wesley and Jared peacefully slept and I bargained with my two-year-old.
By 1am I finally let him come and sleep with ME to avoid him getting up and wandering around our house anymore....funny thing is though, is I woke up this morning and he had extra sippies in our bed! That means he had climbed out anyway while I slept and did who knows what!
Well, by 5:30am Wesley was awake and very MAD that he was left out from the slumber party in mama and papa's bed...so to be fair...I did more bed hopping. This has to stop!
I quiety climbed out of my soft and crowded bed to climb into Austin's vacant and cold bed, so Wesley could at least share a room with Mama. Wesley did not want to go back to sleep and for the next hour I was convincing him that we could get up as soon as Austin woke up, or even better, at 7am.
To end this little story; Austin was up by 6:30am....Mama and Papa got up as well...we are all overly tired...and Austin is enjoying a well needed nap now at noon.
I must love my little bichito quite fiercely to let him push me over like this!
6 comments:
LOL! Now you need a trip to the spa!
Don't worry about it. They won't be climbing in your bed when they're 16. Just enjoy their cute snuggliness while it lasts.
that is hilarious! some think the fact that I have a lock on cooper's door is simply torture, but just the thought that it is there and I could possibly use it keeps the kid in his bed after we have tucked him in... works like a charm! good luck, hope you have a better night tonight!
Way to go Austin! He just missed you guys so much over the last week that he thought it would be so much fun to play a few games. The boys have you all figured out! It even sounds like they have you wrapped around there little fingers! What a good mom you are!
Hi, my name is Jill "Rhoton"Christensen. I was one of Jareds good friends growing up. You guys have such a cute little fam...tell jared he did good, and also tell him I said HELLO...I haven't seen him in ages.
Wow! Nights like that will really do a number to your natural rhythms and schedules. I hope you put him to bed extra early tonight and turn the door knob backward and lock him in there, so you can get some sleep. Boy oh boy, he was on one huh? Did you give him some Mountain Dew yesterday or what?
I can't imagine how tired you must be! I have to admit though, the story is hilarious. I like Amberly's idea of having a lock on the door. Genious!
Post a Comment