Saturday, April 26, 2008

Ketchup Bootie

Our date night didn't go so hot last night. We'll just say that my nickname all night long was "ketchup butt." Why do you ask?

We had made a good and valiant effort to go to the Juarez Mexico temple for our monthly date. Little did we know, that by arriving only an hour ahead of time at the bridge to cross over would NOT be enough time for us to get across. We arrived just in time to see back to back traffic and red break lights all over the lanes. It was pretty frustrating to say the least.

There is a lot of prep to go to the temple! You have to get a babysitter, get out the door on time, pack not only your temple recommend...but your passport as well, and then get to the border with enough time to allow the weekend traffic to slow you down. It was not our night...

After saying a prayer of forgiveness to God (we sure do NEED those blessings right now!!!), we headed to the nearest exit...another 1/2 hour wait to just get on a major street. We hit up the local dollar theater...which is where another adventure begins.

We saw the movie, "Jumpers." Pretty lame, but decent entertainment. As we were leaving, something unfamiliar was making my skirt stick to my chair....oh no...what could it be? You got it....bright red and clotted ketchup was stuck all over my backside...all over my light pink and beautiful skirt. Why couldn't this have happened to a black skirt, or better yet, to Jared's chair? Nope...it looked like I had had a serious accident all over myself...a nasty period if you will.

How embarrassing for me. Jared walked behind me until we got out the door and to the parking lot. We went to the nearest clothing store where I had got lots of weird looks from strangers and I was very insecure. I went to the dressing room where I turned my skirt inside out and from front to back. It had gone through my slip and down to my garments! Seriously, what kind of nasty prank was that?

So, in other words....no temple, boring flick and a permanently stained cute skirt to toss out.

Tonight I am throwing a "pizza party" for some girlfriends. Sounds fun? Well, it would be even better if my kids would behave, eat their blasted Spongebob Mac 'n cheese and give me some peace so I can mentally prepare myself!

8 comments:

Diana said...

don't throw it out until you try oxi clean! seriously, the stuff got cherry juice out last year. let me know if it works :)

Julie said...

Yes! Oxi clean! (Of course, you can always just buy a new skirt to make yourself feel a little bit better.)

And I'm sure you'll still get some blessings... and I will make sure to go to the temple soon with you in mind. I forget how nice I have it to be in the midst of so many beautiful temples.

~xoxo~

McKelle said...

I'm all for oxi clean too. Love that stuff. Sorry about the bummer night.

Jana said...

Bummer. And abotu the tooth. It is from a fall. Just learning to get around and hit her tooth in just the right spot and too hard. Genetics has nothing to do with it. And she hasn't had a bottle for a few weeks now. And never has had one to go to bed with. It is so lame that it happened to me baby girl!!! But I have to remember it is a BABY tooth. :)

Trimbles said...

OH! What a bad night! Im sorry. So yeah, Im excited for camp. I've got a plan to hopefully make it a good experience. But yeah, I wish I had to do it right, I have all the equipement to do so. I've just been dying to use it. So Christopher and I are going camping for reals just by ourselves at the end of the month. If fire season doesnt start early and spoil my marshmellow roasting plans. No fires at the cabins. Sucks. :)

Amy said...

Sorry...not always great about commenting!!! Hehehe...okay, what a horrible story! I would've probably have cried!!!

Mama Apes... said...

What a story...I love how you tell them for sure!! I can't wait to see ya soon! If not this weekend for sure next for the big baby shower! Love ya and hang in there!!

Sherie said...

I was just going to say what everyone else has said--OXYCLEAN!! If you need to, just let it sit overnight in a bucket of water with a scoop of oxyclean powder in it. It's gotten stains out that have already been washed and dried before!!