Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Go home?

I think sometimes when I am having extra crazy days, I seem to subconsciously add to the pile of madness.

We drove Jared to the airport today, but only after I did 3 loads of laundry and checked out some water park info. This of course made us late, which didn't allow me to get my kids adequate breakfast shoved down their bellies for our morning adventures.

We dropped Jared off (I miss him already), and I wanted to venture off to the waterpark in Tempe, AZ since we were down there anyway (nothing is closer to where we live. Since I am down there twice a week to take Jared, we might do it). It's a good thing that there isn't a ticketing officer at the airport DEPARTURE curb b/c I tend to sit there and nurse Isaac every time we drop Jared off. I guess the arrival curb is where all those ticketing people go b/c anyone "departing" must be in a hurry to get inside and catch their flight. Not me! Sometimes I will be there 20 min at that curb nursing, while of course my kids are climbing all over the seats.

I couldn't find the info to go Big Surf waterpark, so I settled for the Tempe Beach Park. It is a fun park with water features. The temp was 100 degrees, but the water was so cold that my boys stood around with their arms up to their chests most of the time hugging themselves. I think they had a fun time. I wished that I had a friend to talk to, vs. being alone. I stayed in the shade with Isaac and he finally fell asleep, until some rotten teenager splashed all over us! It went downhill from there. Isaac screamed for so long, that we eventually just left the park...he continued to scream until I got him in his carseat.

I thought he was okay, until he started screaming as we drove away. There I am, telling Austin to shove that binkie in his mouth, but Isaac keeps spitting it out. So, Austin is frustrated and eventually just starts to cry himself. All the while Wesley is laughing in the backseat. Ugh!

You would think I would go back home, right? Call it a day? No! Let the madness continue!

Since I was in Tempe, I still wanted to check out this water park. So, I track down the address and with my screaming baby, we head on over. I get all the kids unloaded; sandals on, towels, water bottles, stroller, etc. But, Isaac will NOT stop crying. Option? Nursing is the only thing.

Load back up the kids and give Isaac a quick snack. He finally calms down enough to walk up to the park and take a little tour.

I wasn't up for staying for the day at the park and boy were my kids upset! First of all, I needed Isaac to be in his carseat/stroller combo. We didn't bring it b/c there was no room in the car with Jared's luggage. Second of all, my boys hadn't eaten anything for lunch and I knew that they wouldn't last long. Thirdly, I am not supe sure if we will buy a season pass and I didn't want to waste the money.

Load back up and head back to Surprise. Isaac is finally asleep. Go home? No! Go to Wal Mart! We are in the car and I don't want to have to load all the cargo back up later on.

We head out to Wally world where I find that Austin's t-shirt got left behind at the park. NO! I wrap a towel around him (the no shirt, no service thing worried me a bit) and we head in. I grabbed some milk, goggles, pears and swimming diapers. Isaac did great. Austin cried to get out of the cart. Wesley hung on the side and "skateboarded" through the store with me.

Go home? No! We went to the Ultra Star theatre to pick up some summer movie passes.

Go home? Yes! But, not without stopping to pick up Wrangler, who had been at my neighbor's while we were in Utah. I then invited three of those sweet kids to come and play at our house. Why not? Let the madness continue! And yes, Isaac is still screaming. He decided to not take ANY naps all day long. He is a sweaty, sunlotioned mess.

So, amidst the 5 loads of unfolded laundry, mounds of dishes, dirty floors, piles of mail and unmade beds, we had a fun playdate with 5 kiddos running and dancing around. I have yet to catch up from our trip. My favorite part was when I was standing, nursing, and making quesadillas all at the same time, while telling the kids to finish eating their dinner.

I am still trying to get my "summer" schedule put in place. It's going to include lots of days like today where I am low on patience, high in sweat and crazy with my kids!

7 comments:

Audrey said...

Why didn't you call me? We could plan a date with the kiddos!

Erika said...

Phew, busy day, huh! The things we do for and with kids.

Up in Bubbles said...

I still don't know how you do it. You are inspirational. You're not a lazy girl thats for sure. I love how you write I can just feel how you feel. Hang in there and call me sometime I would love to talk. Take care

Allison said...

Such mixed emotions reading this section of your blog...a bit scared since I'll have three boys in less than three months, relieved that I'm not the only one drowning in laundry, toys, mess, etc, or just glad that you survived! :) Wish you were closer! Our boys would have fun together.

Michelle said...

i love you. that's all i can say. you are nuts, but that is why i love you soooo much!

The Big Sister said...

you'll have to come and spend the day with us when you drop Jared off at the airport, its only another "short" drive and I'll just let you veg! When we get back from OUR trip!!

Amberly said...

let's meet at the tempe splashpark sometime... I'd love to chat while the kiddos play!