Another frazzled day for me!
Why does Austin have to scream and cry throughout the grocery store, wailing that he wants to be put down. When I see those dirty tear streaks down his face, it makes me want to leave him in there longer! It's hard enough to run around with the three in tote, all the time, let alone have to fight whether or not I will be chasing two around the store, vs. one.
My favorite was at Target when both boys started putting on bras and yelling, "boobies!"
Or how about after a long check out at Wal Mart, I decided to "treat" the boys to ice cream, only for them to BOTH complain that there was no chocolate on it, or that it wasn't popcorn. Where's the appreciation? What about those starving children in Africa? Would they complain? Hardly!
I even left Wesley on the side of the Highway 303 today when I asked him if he wanted to get out and walk home. He said, "yes" with a smile, opened the door himself, closed it, and proceeded to walk alone. Grrr! That wasn't supposed to happen. I wanted to be in the middle of the desert so I could at least drive off a few feet ahead of him and give him a little scare. But, nope, I just had to ask him to get back into the car, buckle up, and let's be on our way.
It's so hard for me to feel so depleted ALL the time, so chlostrophobic and impatient. I want to enjoy my boys with more smiles, hugs, kisses and laughter. But, it's so hard to do when I feel so drained. I feel like they don't listen to me, and that my discipline just goes out the door. If Austin asks me, "que?" one more time (he usually does this 2-5x's per question. I even had his ears checked b/c I thought maybe there was blockage), I think I may just stop talking to him all together. You can only repeat yourself so many times until you give up.
I keep begging Isaac to not turn into a nasty three year old. Please stay adorable and loving!
Like I have posted before, everyday is a new ATTITUDE adjustment for me. But, come 4-7pm, I automatically have been turning into Mean Mom. I have good days and bad days. This just happens to be a bad one. How much longer can I do this? I know Jared wishes he were here to help. I need some relief. I need my boys to obey. I am trying my best, and I feel like it's not good enough.
I just want a hug. Good thing I have a sweet chunky baby to hold onto.
17 comments:
Oh how I can relate wow... Colt even calls me mean these days *tear* seriously it brakes my heart. Its so hard to keep your patients when you are drained and completely worn down. Today was a pretty good day for me hopefully tomorrow will be too for the both of us!! Hang in there.
Being a Mom sure doesn't come with daily doses of praise and pats on the back, eh?! 4-7pm is definitely the hardest part of my day as well...everyone is tired and worn out. Good thing we get to sleep and start over every day!
As for the blog books...I used blurb.com. I got the paper upgrade the second time for better picture quality...fyi.
girl...I am so sorry that you had such a rough day. I have seen you with your kids...and believe me when I say - you are an AMAZING mom. All of us go through the hell that is 4-7 pm...so don't feel like you're a bad mom for being frustrated....I wish I could give you a big hug...Just know that you are one amazing woman....really, you are. I wish I knew the right thing to say, or that I could sound inspirational...but you know me. usually saying the wrong thing. I hope today was better. love you!
It's crazy how much things change from one day to the next. Some days I feel like I can do this mom thing, then the next day I take it all back too!!
I can relate, I totally can. Though my prince charming comes home at 7ish everynight and yours comes to the rescue on weekends, I can relate. At about 5:00 I reach my breaking point. I'm so sorry! I suggest a consistent early bedtime, consistent time outs, consistent taking away of priviledges, and consistent cayenne pepper on their tongues when they sass. Marc is pretty quick to tell me I just need to be consistent so I'm passing it on to you--I'm not that great at it though so I hope you don't think I'm lecturing. I've heard some moms talk about a stringent schedule or routine too, but I haven't gotten there yet. If all else fails, call in a babysitter out of desperation and go get a pedicure! That's what I do.
As for blogging, I've fallen off the band wagon for the time being. First because we were waiting to see if we were moving back to California and I didn't have much to say, then when we decided to stay here, I still haven't found much to say. I've been much more interested in catching up with old friends on facebook. Maybe I'll get the blogging itch again, maybe not. I'm not sure!
I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. Make sure the kids are in bed tonight and enjoy some good season finales! :) Love ya!
You're singing my song sister. This job is the hardest in the entire world. Playdates are so important and time to yourself as well which you are certainly in short supply of right now. I'm sorry you're having bad days--they will happen, but just keep perservering. You'll make it. You're tough. You're awesome. You can do it!
Aren't you lucky that pipa is coming to the rescure tomorrow and taking them for the weekend?
If it makes you feel any better- I don't see my husband much either. I understand the whole end of the day thing. Aubrie has been sent to her room twice this week for running away from me down the street... 3 year olds! Sometimes bed time is pushed up so that I can get a break! Hang in there- I am sure you are a great Mom!
I'm so sorry that you are having such a hard time! I SOOOO wish i could just give you the breaks you need, the outs we all need and some time with your sweet hubby! Oh how we all crave the adult time! I do miss being home with my little ones but we all have our challenges and this is just a steping stone for you at this time! You will get through it!!!
I think that you are a great mom...we all have a mean side about 4-7 pm! Good thing the kids always love us again with the start of a new day!!!
Oh I so needed to read this. I am having the most awful week and feel like I'm the only NON super mom around. Phew. Maybe I'm just normal? It's nice to know that everyone has their good and bad days and that I'm not the only one being stared at when I go to Target or Wal-mart or where ever they decide to act out?! I hope that you are doing better...wish that you were closer so that our boys could play! :)
Hang in there, we all have those horrible days, or weeks or even months...is there any solace in knowing that. Hope this week is going better for you and you're right, why can't our cute baby boys stay sweet like that forever?
Oh how you have described my life in a nutshell! I think if I were to leave Chloe on the side of the road she'd run the opposite way! See ya mom!!! (she's just like that!)
Anyway...I wish we lived closer and I could help you out! I think you'll find that most mom's lose their tempers a lot and feel guilty for it after. It's just part of being a mom...we're not perfect!
(today Gwen was building a tower out of legos and she was being disobedient, so I went over there and knocked over her tower...just because I was mad) Um...that is what a 2 year old would do. Not only can I be monster-mom, but I can also be 2 year old mom!!!
Hey girlfriend,
I'm sorry I haven't been in touch. I can't believe how big Issac is! chunky and oh so cute. I'm sorry life is so stressed with sleep at a minimum. As you once told me... you can do it. I know you can do it.:) I know you have it in you. But I know what you mean about being a mean mamma. For some reason when I don't get a little relief when I need it I turn into some kind of beast. I dunno what it is about that little break. I wish I could come over and relieve you for awhile.
I'm so glad you got your job back. HOpefully that time away helps a little.
Hope you are doing alright. One jump forward and two steps back and you've made a little progress. Love you!
elsh
I can relate to this post for sure....we all have days like this for sure.
Somedays I feel like I have the swing of things and get so much done, and other days I am exhausted by the end of the day with nothing to show for it!
Can you get a nanny??? I'm worried about how I would be completely insane if I had to do what you are doing. Did you go to your mom's wedding yesterday??
I hear you. I loved reading all the comments...it is nice to know all moms feel this way. You are in the hardest period of having three (at least that from my last 15 months of experience). Isaac is still so little and it makes it so hard to deal with the needs of your preschoolers!
I am SOOOO with you- especially about the "que" Jaxon must say WHAT about 1000 times a day, and I, too, drug him to a hearing specialist where they promptly told me he has EXCELLENT hearing. I have found the only thing that works is EYE contact- if he is looking at me, then he listens. Its awful but I feel SOOOO MUCH BETTER knowing that you have the same problem - I thought something was WRONG with Jax! 4-7 is the worst time for me too...oh 3 is so much, uhm- fun?
Is Jared home on Monday? If you guys don't have plans we should do something!
Post a Comment