It all started with yogurt. I knew that it had been left outside of the fridge, but I didn't think it would make Isaac so sick. Last week I fed him breakfast, he chowed down, and then I laid him down for a nap. When I went to get him from his crib, he had puked all over himself. Poor kid! I figured it was some sort of food poisoning, and hoped that he was on the uphill. That was just the beginning...he continued to be sick throughout the day.
Then he spiked a fever. Was this related to the yogurt again? Diarrhea also was another issue. Poor little guy, he couldn't stay healthy.
It didn't help that his big birthday party was the following day. What was I to do? Avoid giving him his birthday cake? Nope...he had to take one for the team and gobble it down for the sake of pictures.
Yesterday was Sunday. We went to the Cracker Barrell with Jared's parents, who had stayed the night (is this a consequence for going on the Sabbath?). He ate like a champ; hashbrown casserole, eggs, ham, orange juice, etc. I was so happy that he was feeling better, or so I thought.
We headed out to church, got all dressed up and hadn't been there longer than 10 minutes when Isaac started chugging down water from the boys' water bottle. Wesley told me that I was giving him too much water, but he was acting so thirsty. Next thing I know, chunks of orange mass started flying from his mouth and down his body. It reminded me of an erupting volcano.
He was sitting on my lap, so I just scooped him up and ran out the nearest door. Jared followed close behind me picking up the chunks off of the floor. He kept puking all over me, in the hallway and all the way to the kitchen. Poor baby! Crying and smelly, I knew that he was still sick. We stripped him down, rinsed out the clothing and I headed home.
I went to Fry's and got some pedialite, which he seems to really enjoy. He has been able to keep it down, but not mama's milk. So, I guess I am officially done nursing. If my milk makes him sicker (dairy), then why would I continue?
The night seemed to be going okay until I started to feel the rumble in my own tummy. An hour later of rocking in the fetal position under layers of blankets, I also puked up breakfast, lunch and dinner. Happened all over again this morning. The nastiest part of puke is when you have nothing left to give...just those dry heaves. Ugh, makes me sick writing about it.
So, I am now sick with the same stomach flu. My body feels like it is one big brick. It take concentration and effort to just go upstairs or sit up. Isaac seriously weighs about 900 lbs and I have a hard time carrying him. Good thing Jared has been around today to help out. He did laundry, made homemade soup and now I am waiting him to get home so he can clean up the kitchen. I just need to take it easy and let my body rest.
I also started my part time tutoring job today back at Arizona Charter Academy. I will work from 12-4 everyday. Between my cold chills, my headache, nausea and churning tummy, it was a long afternoon. I had to wing it (which I do best!)
4 comments:
Ugh! We've had episodes of that around here. I love walking into the baby's room to get him up from a nap, only to be hit by a wave of puke smell. Ick! Anyway, pukes, fevers and coughs and been going around here too....no fun. I am sorry!
Blah! being sick is the worst when you're a mom! It's bad enough having to take care of the kids when they're sick but then to have to go through it yourself, it doesn't quite seem fair. Good luck hope you feel better soon.
Great! Well now we know why we all have it here!! Taeylor, Kaycee, and Tony so far today - hope they are the only ones.
You poor thing! That's the worst!!!
Post a Comment