Morning is low key as we usually eat pancakes and lounge around in pajamas. With church being at noon, why rush it? Kids still get up by 7am, but we are in good spirits.
10 o'clock comes by, kids are happily throwing around balls and chasing Isaac. Jared and I are enjoying a little down time with nothing to do but relax!
10:30 Lay Isaac down for his power nap
11 o'clock creeps up We need to start getting ready!
11:15 Throw clothes onto the beds, start to "encourage" the boys to get dressed.
11:25 Are you done getting ready boys???? I struggle to finish curling my hair and finding jewelry.
11:30 Hair gel, shoes on, ties straightened.
11:40 Fight breaks out between Austin and Wesley. Empty threats that the boys will stay at home. No one takes the blame for whatever insignificant thing it was. Big tears for Austin.
11:45 Make PB & J sandwiches for "lunch" (to be eaten in the car or during sacrament!) Isaac needs to be woken up!!!!
11:48 The yelling begins. "Vamos Chicos!!"
11:50 Isaac gets whisked off into the car, sleep marks still on his face while I try to button up a shirt on him while sitting in the front seat.
11:55 In the car trying to stuff in diapers and toys into the church bag. Did I curl my eyelashes? Do the dogs have enough water? Did I bring my scriptures? Is there water in the sippy?
12:05 We are always 5 minutes late. Walk in during the opening song. Find a bench that hasn't been reserved yet and quietly take a seat while singing along.
Why do some Sunday's feel like such a circus act?
5 comments:
Your boys look so handsome! Sounds like our Sundays, except now we have church at 9. Somehow it's easier to be on time now!
Sounds exactly like our Sundays. The morning is super low key until about 10. Then 11 quickly sneaks up on us and the madness begins.
You should come to my house sometime. I'm sure your pre-church ritual will seem like serenity embodied in comparison. P.S. I
WANT that cute little sleeping smunchkin! He is adorable!
you are one gorgeous mamma! the boys look great, and I'm sad that I don't know Isaac's little personality! He seems like such a fun kid!
Yeah we have 2pm church and still manage to be late sometimes. Those late times lull you into a false sense of security...
Post a Comment