Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring Break










The house is very quiet. No balls are being thrown in the house, no whining about toys being stolen, no slamming of the toilet seats, no begging for gum or candy, no rush to get to school on time, no drops of milk from breakfast on the table, no one to clean up the messy toy room after Isaac has been there, and no homework to be done.

It is Spring Break...and I am down to just Isaac, Jared and me! Wesley is spending the week with his primos in Nogales, and Austin went up to Eager with his grandma and prima Kacie. They are elated and in heaven. Austin just called this morning telling me about all of the snow on the ground, "no estoy jugando."

I miss them like C.R.A.Z.Y. Thank heaven I still have one little tike to take care of. His pitter patter on the tile, grunts in the carseat, sticking out his tongue, shaking his head when he's done eating, slobbery kisses, fat cheeks and dirty diapers keep me happy. We made chimichangas last night and I was sad to not share the aceitunas (olives) with Austin. I didn't want to make any dessert b/c I knew my boys weren't around to eat it. We went for a walk at a school where there were dads playing catch and b-ball with their sons. My heart ached for Wesley to be around asking to play with Jared. That boy loves sports and is aspiring to be an athlete already.

I can tell Isaac lonely though without his brothers around to follow. It reminds me so much of when we just had Wesley. Babies are more whiny when they are alone! No "mean mom" came out last night b/c of bedtime routines going sour, and I didn't have cuddles and kisses in my bed at 5am from sleep walkers.

How do empty nesters do this? What will Jared and I do when we are all alone? How will I not get lonely? Will we drive each other crazy? Jared said that we just have to keep having babies so that we will have a full schedule of traveling around for visits. We also want to serve missions together. It still is so weird to think about...my life is my children right now. I like it that way.

If we had some fun cruise, road trip or event to attend this week, I am sure I wouldn't feel so odd. But, with no plans to go anywhere (Jared has some obligations he has to attend to this week), I guess it'll be a week full of movies, going for walks, and playing with Izzy on the floor. I am even off of the week from work!

I just hope to get a few things done: bathrooms, floors, swapping out baby clothing (Isaac is in a 18-24month now at 14 months old), maybe starting up another blurb book, and reading.

Update: 3-20-10

We found some fun things to do:
Spring Training game: Chicago cubs vs. LA Dodgers (Dodgers won, and Jared won the bet!) Isaac was excited about the popcorn, but pretty high maintenance while crawling through garbage in between the stands. Our friends Trisha and Chris Mariner invited us.






We took a short morning hike to the White ("Green" this time of year) Mountains up the street from our house. The trail was packed with kids, strollers, dogs and old people. The weather was gorgeous and Isaac even kept his hat on.




We are dog sitting for Rudy, but she is such great company that we asked to keep her longer. She loves jumping on our trampoline by herself and is so low key and friendly with Wrangler. We love Rudy.


Cut those bangs! Isaac is puckering up for a kiss, or a giggle. He is squishy.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Have fun....how strange it must feel to have just one, but that's great that you can spend so much time spoiling him and having one on one time :o) ENJOY!