I made pink heart shaped pancakes for my boys with individual name tags. They bi-passed their notes and went straight for the chocolate hearts. Jared gave me a sweet letter and three roses (for each of my boys). I do love Valentine's day! A day for a mama to feel special.
Our date this year was spent with April/Dustin Ashton, Leslie/Paul Boley and Niki/Mike Thrower. We made the trek out to Tempe to enjoy a night out dancing (after much persuasion and planning). We ate some yummy Mongolian BBQ at a little joint. We were piling it on with lots of veggies, noodles and frozen sliced meat. It was so cool to see them cooking it in 2 minutes in front of you! I went out on a limb and had some Caffeine Free Diet Coke (which I was later teased about) to help me stay awake.
So, with our dancing heels on, tight jeans and cute dates we headed out to go dancing....only to come to find out that one of our friends had forgotten their ID at home. Doh! We weren't able to get in! I was dissapointed for sure. So after picking up my excitement off of the pavement, we headed over to Bahama Bucks for a shaved ice. With not much else to do, it was back to the Ashton's house for Leslie's chocolate chip cookies and Guitar Hero. We rescheduled dancing. More importantly was the great company, my dear girlfriends and Jared.
3 comments:
What a fun Valentine's Day! You are cute to those boys making the day special and Jared is so thoughtful!
I wish Dirk and I could get out dancing... I'll have to find somewhere around here! You have such fun friends there in AZ.
PS - Isaac is such a chub! He's so cute!
I haven't checked blogs in forever...but it looks like you are doing great. You look wonderful and I swear, your kids could pass for triplets (if they were closer in height). I love it that they all have your eyes!!
What a blast that night was! Thank you for planning such an adventurous night! Our anticipation will continue to build for the dancing... (ugh!) :)
Post a Comment