Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cracked head



Wesley got stitches yesterday.

We went to the Boley's pool for a nice afternoon of swimming...it was 107 and hot! We had been there less than 10 min when Wesley was in full swing of swimming. I was on the ledge of the pool and he told Jared, "Mira papa!" Next thing we know...he is doing a front flip off the ledge, but on his way up, he cracked his head onto a plastic jet that was protruding out.

Blood immediately started spilling, and so did the screaming. Jared acted out in anger about the situation, and I of course turned into mother hen wanting to hold and nurture him. We whisked him outside of the pool and onto the patio where Nurse Leslie ran for some IBProfen, rags and ice.

What to do next? Gave Wesley a fudge bar. That makes everything in life better!

We started applying pressure and the tears were streaming as fast as the blood. Wesley was more afraid at all the blood more than anything, so were we. Leslie pulled out the phone ward directory and started calling around at the medical students to see if we could get a professional opinion about it all. No one was around! Jared sent our bishop a text to see if we could go to his office (he is a Physician's assistant).

Paul arrived and help administer a blessing for Wesley with Jared. I love worthy men.

I asked Wesley who he wanted to stay with him (someone had to watch the other 4 little boys still swimming, including toddlers Isaac and Drake). Jared wanted me to do the babysitting, but of course Wesley wanted his mama...so, I happily pulled him up onto my lap and started loving on him. He is such a big boy, at 53 lbs and where his feet almost touch the floor when he is on my lap. Nontheless, he turned back into my little baby as I hugged, kissed, soothed and talked with him.

Dr. Hall texted Jared back and we headed to his office last minute to get medical attention. Wesley didn't shed one more tear after we left the pool. He was such a strong and brave boy as he endured the injections for the stitches on the top of his head. A lot of pressure was applied as Dr. Hall even spewed Wesley's blood onto his shirt from squeezing so hard!

We sure do love our Wesley. Good brave boy.

No more diving.

7 comments:

Mama Apes... said...

awww..what a swiming event! sorry to hear of the injuries and hopes he feel better soon!

Krazy Kobels said...

How scary! Sorry I wasn't around glad everything turned out ok. No more crazy flips!!!!!

Beth said...

Uggggg...you seem like you were so calm. I think I would have freaked out more than Wesley. Poor guy!

Arianne Pearce said...

Gotta love it when they need stitches! I think it is so funny how much the crying excalates when they see blood. I bet you enjoyed all the lovin' time though.

Michelle said...

oh my gosh! I'm glad to hear that he's okay. I just imagined that whole story as you told it....I love that he just wanted his mamma...so sweet.

Brooke said...

How awful....glad you had your husbands there to help too and that things ended up okay! I'm sure with all boys this is only the beginning of injuries proceeded by "Hey watch this!"

Boley Boys said...

I, too love "worthy men". He was so brave! I think we all needed a fudge bar:)