Thursday, July 22, 2010

lost tooth








Wesley had been wiggling his tooth for days. He was obsessed with getting it out! Either he was going to pull it out, or we'd go crazy listening to him talk about it.

Right before going to bed, he kept pulling it. I asked him if he wanted me to pull it just one time. Well, I yanked on that tooth...and out it came! We didn't know how to react! Lots of juicy blood starting spilling and Wesley was thrilled. What a big boy he thinks he is now.

This was our first go around with a loose tooth. What the procedure for the tooth fairy? How much should she leave? Does a letter get written to her? Should she write back? Leave a toothbrush? April Ashton, who is a dental assistant, told Wesley that the tooth fairy takes the tooth and sends it up into the sky to make the brightest start the next night. I hadn't ever heard of that idea, but it was was cute and stuck inside Wesley's head!

So, the letter was written.

"Deer tooth feree. I lost a tooth. Can I hav a babee pupee girl plees and aftr you are dun I wil be hapee."

Wesley was begging for a baby girl puppy. Yeah right! He said that the tooth fairy could leave her on his bed for the morning. I had to tell him that she ONLY leaves money. Santa Claus is who he needs to ask for gifts (but even that won't happen). Wesley's writing was not very clear, and I wanted him to re-write his letter (the teacher in me was coming out!), but I kept it in the original format.

He got $5 for that first tooth, and the tooth fairy told him only $1 after that. No money for cavities!

The best part of the event was Austin's sweet prayer for his brother. "Estoy feliz porque Wesley esta feliz. Estoy feliz porque el diente salio. Estoy felize por Wesley." My heart was full.

This is a side note too: Isaac bumped his eye at the gym childcare. Sweet boys was trying to climb the train table and slipped. It turned a nice purple shade of eyeshadow. We love Izzy.

No comments: