Saturday, January 29, 2011

1/2 Marathon

By now you know that I am in NO running shape. But, my sweetheart on the other hand is a real winner! He ran the Surprise 1/2 Marathon and placed 5th in his category! There were about 300 racers overall and he finished in 1.49.00. I was so proud of him, especially finishing so strong after only a few shorter runs in the previous months. I can't wait for NEXT YEAR b/c that will be my turn to run! I had been running up to 10 miles before I got prego, so I felt like I was in good running condition...yet, it was my hubby and good friends who were able to compete!

We took some good pics along the trail, even getting in trouble by a cop for pulling over in the middle of the road. A big no no!

Jared's favorite part was seeing his boys come running towards him as he crossed the finished line, saying that it almost made him cry. I love that rush of emotions as you finish any race, and how GOOD it feels to have done your best and finish strong!

We are all very proud of you Jared!

Please run alongside me next year!








1 comment:

Boley Boys said...

Oh man! Seeing your boys run across the finish line w/ Jared brought tears to my eyes for sure! Way to go Jared! You'll get 'em next year, girl.