We took our new 5th wheel trailer out to Lake Pleasant with Armando and Aleesha Bake on New Year's Day. It was a ton of work and a ton of fun. I had no idea how much preparation it take to stock up with linens, food, water tanks, cleaning supplies, etc...using ALL of it...and then unloading it all from the trailer! With the 5th wheel hitch on Jared's Big White Truck, I know that Jared now feels like a real man with his cowboy toys :)
The weather was really nice, except for the night time wind that blew so hard I thought our trailer might tip over and squish our boys who were sleeping outside in a tent. Poor Aleesha and I got NO sleep as we were tending to our babies. We both were thinking, "Dawn can't come soon enough. When will it be 6am?" No one ever sleeps well when you are camping!
We did hot dogs and s'mores for dinner, and the adults played cards with sparkling cider inside after the kids FINALLY fell asleep. We had a fun morning hike after donuts, and the boys loved throwing rocks into the lake. The Bakes are always great company and it was a spontaneous adventure having them come with us!
Hopefully this will be the first of many memorable camping trips with our boys...and hopefully I will someday sleep better than what I have done these last two trips with a baby in tow.
No comments:
Post a Comment