Saturday, January 15, 2011

15 things you don't know about me

15 things you don't know about me...or maybe might...but, will be fun to learn:

1. I love to slurp my yogurt, soup and gulp down my water. Drives my husband crazy, so I do it when I am alone.

2. I wear earplugs to bed to drown out the noises of the night (including Jared getting ready for bed, the neighbor's outside, or dishwasher).

3. I love to match my eyeshadow to whatever outfit I am wearing. A few favorite shades; orange, turquoise, yellow, smokey gray, apple green or purple.

4. I asked my dad and he said, "I have a little opportunist streak. It's rare that I admit to errors, or openly say, 'I made a mistake.' I have a love for certain foods, like donuts. I appreciate refinement; meaning of high quality and good taste. For example, stylish as a person vs being careless about my manner of dress or environment." Good thoughts Gpa Lowe.

5. In my dreams, I sometimes go back to my mission in Argentina and think of how different I would handle being a missionary...usually waking up so grateful to NOT be a missionary again.

6. I surf the web and check email during my school day...even with students at my desk. I love G-chat and use it daily to connect with friends. I am only human! I need a sanity break too!

7. I LOVE caramel anything. Period.

8. I have kept a journal for 21 years...writing in it at least once a month. It was daily for over 10 years, up until I got back from my mission. I find writing to be very therapeutic for me. I haven't gone back and really read much of what I have written prior to my motherhood years, but I hope to do so someday and enjoy it.

9. I let Wesley and Austin take turns sleeping in my bed with me when Jared is out of town, often moving them into the bed after they have already fallen asleep in their own bed. I enjoy having a warm body next to me (even with earplugs in). Helps me not feel as scared at night.

10. I love most pringles. I like to lick them and then chew them slowly. I used to crunch them up and then pour the crumbs into my mouth from the canister. Weird! Who does that?

11. I hit the gym 5 x's a week at 4:25am. I have found that the dark morning hours are my best time to stay focused and really start my day out right.

12. I didn't find my real testimony of Jesus Christ until I was in the MTC...despite being a "two times a day seminary goer" in High School and on Institute Council at SUU. I really started to understand the gospel principles and meanings once I memorized the charlas and started to "teach" other people those things.

13. I am very inflexible. I can touch my toes only on a good day. Yoga would do me a lot of good.

14. I consider myself a very "average" kind of gal. Everything I do is never amazing or poor. For example: my piano or flute skills, cooking, speaking Spanish, decorating, teaching or cleaning. I feel like I do a good job at most things, but not a perfectionist by any sort...or really someone that people would want to ask for my secrets of "how do you do that?" I figure if I can do a lot of things, that will help keep me well-rounded, even if I am not an expert at really anything! ha!

15. We are pregnant! After a year of trying...if all goes well baby will come end of July. I am in my peak of sickness, vomiting and irritability. Let the good times roll. We are super duper excited....maybe it will finally be a girl? (see prior posting below)

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

yay I am so so excited for you! Congrats! sorry you are so sick.

I like my boys to sleep with me too when Jason is out of town it helps me not feel so scared too!

Erika said...

Congrats! Not on the sick though. Hate that!! Ugh....

Posey Cowart said...

Congrats!!! that is so exciting. I want a 4th but the doctors say I cant:( I am jealous. I hope you DONT have a girl... then your out of the club;) jk

Amy said...

Holy Cow!!! Congrats!!! I am so happy for you guys! Sending girl vibes your way!

The Big Sister said...

I loved that list :) Super fun. But I think you would find if you did a random poll that NO ONE finds you average. At all. You are one of those people who seems to excel at everything they do! Perhaps its the perception issue of being the person doing, and being the person watching...but I think you do amazing at most everything you put your hand to! And that's saying something :)

Toodles said...

I totally agree with Bake family! I think you're most exceptional at many things!

Sorry you've been so sick. I read your post before this one and it made me naesous (however you spell that stinkin' word... gets me every time)! I hope it passes soon! So happy for you though!

Totally with you on the mission thing. The gospel came alive to me in the MTC and it was like I finlly really understood what it was all about. :) Besos!

Mike and Kelli said...

I am SO thrilled for you and your sweet family. So sorry about the barfs (that's what I call them). I get soooo sick when I'm preggo so my heart goes out to you. Hang in there! I hope you have lots of people close by to take care of you. One thing that kept me sane and hydrated was a Powerade slush from Sonic. :)

blair and maisy said...

Congrats to you guys! I love the family pic up top too.
PS I have dreams about the mission too, but mine are nightmares that I have been asked to go back out, and I still have a year left, and I wake up so stressed out and relieved that it's not reality. PSS I don't know why I have those dreams because I loved my mish!

Bridget said...

Hey there! I think you are far from ordinary! You are a fantastic person. I cherish the memories we made back in Provo. I am soo happy that you are expecting again! We just had our fourth in October. It has been an adjustment but we have it figured out most days! Miss you and hope you start feeling better soon!

Unknown said...

Congratulations guys! So sorry you are feeling so sick. Hang in there!

Trimbles said...

YEAHB YEAH YEAH YEAH HOLY CRAP FRICKIN YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! And who cares if you're sick--YOUR PREGNANT! Its the good sick! Im jumping up and down for you and praying for a girl. You need a dolly just as beautiful as you. I love this list and #5--Ditto. I hate those dreams. YEAH!!!!!!!!

Julie said...

16. I heart you!

Mama Apes... said...

I love this post!!! #15 being my favorite! you inspire me in sooo many ways! love you