Saturday, November 12, 2011

Crooked...again...

I am feeling frustrated. I feel as though I have spent years maintaining a healthy lifestyle, especially doing weights and classes at the gym. I worked out during the entire pregnancy with Levi...which I am now finding out was NOT helping me.

I ran some hard sprints on Wednesday. I was feeling awesome! 8.7 on the treadmill!

Came home, showered for a playgroup. Was sitting with Levi...when I stood up with him...a familiar pinch doubled me over in pain.

I have had this pain before. I have had this sprain before. Only 2 months ago. 7 months before that one. This is the 3rd time in 9 months!

I iced my back. I tried to not haul Levi around TOO much (impossible, he is only 4 months old). Crawled vs. walked around from room to room. Sat to cook dinner vs stand.

Chiropractor says that I have a pelvic and lower spine injury. My spine is now crooked and I have some arthritis in my left pelvis bone. What??? My high impact cardio has been detrimental to my joints.

Received an adjustment...pop pop pop. Received some massage therapy...serious pain as he grinded my hip sockets and fleshy butt cheeks with his elbow. Tears were brimming as I laid face down on that table.

That night...mastitis crept up in my right boob. Seriously? Sweat, chills, fever.

So...here I am now. In my pink robe for the second day. Bent over. Boob throbbing. Trying to maintain peace amidst four active children.

Levi has been up every 2 hours the last 2 nights wanting to nurse. A growth spurt? Bad milk? At least I am able to get the mastitis out.

What a dose of humble medicine. Health cannot be taken for granted. Who cares if I feel like my muffin top is unbearable or I have 5 more lbs to lose. Having a healthy back and spine is way more important than how I fit into jeans or how many calories I consume in a day. Lesson learned.

Back to bed. Messy house will continue. Kids will run wild while I am stuck in bed upstairs.

Ugh.

2 comments:

Baker Family said...

I so relate! It made me smile. I'm sorry Adrienne! You are supermom and even in your pink robe, put the rest of us to shame!

Adrianne said...

so sorry to hear all this - would this be why I've heard so little from you??