I don't know how to get more time in the day to do things. I must get up earlier! Now that the kids have changed schools, it means we don't have to get out the door until 8:30-8:40 (vs. the 7:20am mad dash). So, with the later delay, it means that my day goes by that much quicker! Today for example, I have a huge list of things I want to get done (like put the groceries away instead of blogging, fold two loads of laundry, mop/vacuum all the floors, start starching/ironing Jared's shirts, research some menus for the week, paint my fingernails, go to the library before piano lessons start), etc. With early release at 1:40pm today, hardly any of those things will get done.
I remember back when I used to roam the El Paso Mall b/c I was bored and had nothing to do with my little toddlers. I used to go to story time at the libraries and make park dates. Now? Levi and Isaac will be lucky if they ever get a story time! I am too busy running around trying to get the house back in order for a few hours, dinner done, laundry sorted, homework started, practices attended, etc.
How do I forget the little things about my kids? I am going to write them down before I do!
Wesley: Won't listen to me! I feel like I am talking to the wind most conversations. Really hoping
Austin: Quite a fireball. Stubborn and disrespectful lately. He has stressed me out. I even got a canker sore! I am worried that I am not disciplining him the correct way, the way that works best for his little soul. Here are some examples of his behavior:
"Austin, come read to me, I am bored" (from being on bed rest with my sprained back). His response, "No, I don't want to read. Just keep on being bored" and walks away.
"Austin come eat your breakfast."
"No, I don't want to eat."
"Ok. Then you can go back upstairs to your room."
"Ok." (and goes to his room without eating)
"Austin don't get a water bottle from the garage, we have some at home"
Austin ignores dad and goes in for the water bottle.
Isaac: new words and phrases; help me, ok fine (if you ask him to do something), I'm done, I (want) lunch, other side? (getting into car), I dressed, I get up, I (don't want) pajamas, sburn (spooners), schoo, chuch. He repeats everything I say, including anything in a book with a huge grin. He still loves any super hero and insists to sleep with them for nap time (including changing his clothing back into his pajamas each time. That takes quite a bit of effort as I am usually nursing during this). He recognizes his colors really well too. He loves a song before falling asleep, "Son! Sleep!" The other day he saw "Jezs (Jesus)" and said, "hands hurt." Really! Many times when we get into the car, he will tell me, "no seatbelt." The struggle starts there.
Levi: Rolling from his back to front! He lifts his butt up and pushes his legs up until he flops over. He then cries until he finds his two fingers and slobbers all over them. At 4 months old, I am now thinking it's time to let him cry it out? I feel so bad though! I thought I was giving him more time to "cry it out" as a newborn, but I am realizing that my every 3 hour feeding during the night, really is just what I have done with ALL my kids. When I am really tired during our feedings, he will come into bed with me, but then my arm falls asleep!
I have forgotten how hard it is to figure out their sleeping patterns. I need not compare myself to any other large family (Duggard family of #20 kiddos!), b/c my kids are all unique and different...but, it doesn't make it any easier. He has some great chunky thighs and a huge double chin. He HATES his car seat and cries the majority of our car trips...unless the other brothers can distract him and not smother him.
1 comment:
i know it's not funny....but I had to laugh, out loud, when I read about Austin. sorry. i'm still kind of laughing.
Post a Comment