Jared and I did a quick weekend getaway trip to El Paso, TX to visit our friends Ryan and Sandra McGrath. WE wanted to take advantage of my mom Abu who could help out with kids, as well as Gpa Lowe and Ms Jan. So, we left early Sunday morning and came back late Tues eve. It was a 7 hour ride over, but very pleasant b/c our princess Ruby didn't fuss at all! She has been such a delight to have, not a screamer like the other babies on long car rides. We listened to books on tape, talked, analyzed our life, etc. It is always fun to be with Jared one on one and to hold hands in the car in silence! I fed Ruby in the front seat a few times and she played with anything her toes could find (which is what Levi used to do).
We were scoping out the Wells Fargo opportunity that may happen in the next few weeks. Jared had an interview with the recruiter, and so we took advantage of that time to see our friends too. The scenery is NOT Arizona at all. It is very brown, dry, desolate, etc. It would be a big adjustment if we were to move over there, away from the desert flowers, newer buildings, pretty tree lined streets and grassy neighborhoods. Lots of decisions to make!
We also took advantage of not having the boys around to do some school shopping at Burlington, which is great for boys' clothing. We spent $800 (!!!) on just them, and a few small items for ourselves (like my tall purple socks). Ruby did awesome the entire time and I even got to do a little reading for pleasure. Sandra and I also played with make up and I went home with a hot pink lipstick that she wears so easily. Fun to try new things with another girlfriend!

No comments:
Post a Comment