I have been spoiled these last few weeks to have my mom around to help out with Ruby, and this month was no exception. My dad and I decided to go on a daddy daughter date to Cafe Rio, and then to a local theatre to see "The Secret Garden." My dad goes in for hip surgery in a few weeks, so this was one of the last chances to get out before he is bed ridden. The food is always delicious, and the theatre production was a little too advanced for my dad (or me), so we left during intermission.
My mom travelled with Jared, Ruby and I to the Gilbert temple one day that I had off from school. Levi and Isaac stayed with a friend. That temple is a solid 1.25 hour drive, so it is a sacrifice and takes up half a day to go there and back (plus 2 hour session). Well worth it! Too bad Ruby screamed and cried the ENTIRE time we were in there. She got so hot that my mom had to strip off her clothing! I felt so bad afterwards, but loved being in there and feeling the sweet spirit of the temple. I sure do look curvy and chubby next to my skinny mom.
Mother's Day (Sunday) was wonderful. My mom and I received homemade cards, chocolates (which I never did find, Mr Levi ran off with them), roses, salmon for dinner and coupons to redeem from Austin. I was happy to share that day with my mom! She treated herself to a new haircut and I started using some fun nail wraps to pamper my fingers. So lucky to be a mom to 5 kids. As exhausting and suffocating as I feel, I know what a privilege it is to have them in my life and to be able to serve them. I try everyday to give them love.
No comments:
Post a Comment