Going with tradition, had to make heart pancakes, fruit and whipped cream for Vday breakfast, as well as fill out the cards for school. Fortunately the boys were motivated enough to get most of them done on their own, boxes as well, so I didn't have to do much work. Ruby girl kept trying to steal candy from their boxes, which was the cutest thing ever...until I had to take it back from her! Meltdown! I later would sneak some myself and feel guilty for doing so. We went to the MP Vday school dance, hot and sweaty! The boys danced with their friends, Wes hung out in a group of boys around the perimeters, and Jared and I felt pretty old trying to dance with our baby and toddler in tow. Even Gpa Lowe wheeled himself onto the dance floor and sat in his walker! I loved sporting Vday hairbows for Ms Ruby and I also loved my homemade cards/tulips. I of course got some discount chocolates at Basha's! We also celebrated with our neighbors Lindsey and Matt Barker with a candlelight dinner and Honeymoon games. So grateful that we can sneak away at 8pm til 10pm across the street with no worries and no babysitter (except for Netflix and Wes!) The boys complained that there were no real presents or treats for Vday (hard to do with their sugar fast going on), but we reminded them that this is really a "girls" holiday...and they are all boys. Girls get the chocolates, flowers, love notes, etc. They didn't agree.
No comments:
Post a Comment