Sarah Tanner and I enjoy being domestic divas together. She told me about a Fast Metabolism Diet to help me with my post baby blues. So, we have ventured together to create some fun recipes, meal plans, snacks and ideas: brown rice tortillas, turkey jerky, garden vegetable meatballs, salsa, olive oil mayo, sprouted wheat bread, etc. It is messy, takes a lot of prepping and planning...but, I am happy to say that I have enjoyed it. I have some balance where I will choose to enjoy some treats on the weekends (white rolls on a fast Sunday or pie for Easter is balance!), but the planning out what I am eating and being mindful of it all has really been good for my spirit. I don't want to be a victim to addictive behaviors, which happens when I indulge on sugar and this way I can be more aware and discerning of what goes in. Food journaling is also important. The scale is not always my friend, so Isaac and Austin have hid it from me, and I am trying to be patient with myself as Rex is only 2 months old and exclusively nursing (don't want to lose that milk supply!) I just want to fit into my old clothing again and feel good in my own skin. So, this is a long journey. Good thing Rex is worth it.
Monday, March 14, 2016
Fast Metabolism Diet
Sarah Tanner and I enjoy being domestic divas together. She told me about a Fast Metabolism Diet to help me with my post baby blues. So, we have ventured together to create some fun recipes, meal plans, snacks and ideas: brown rice tortillas, turkey jerky, garden vegetable meatballs, salsa, olive oil mayo, sprouted wheat bread, etc. It is messy, takes a lot of prepping and planning...but, I am happy to say that I have enjoyed it. I have some balance where I will choose to enjoy some treats on the weekends (white rolls on a fast Sunday or pie for Easter is balance!), but the planning out what I am eating and being mindful of it all has really been good for my spirit. I don't want to be a victim to addictive behaviors, which happens when I indulge on sugar and this way I can be more aware and discerning of what goes in. Food journaling is also important. The scale is not always my friend, so Isaac and Austin have hid it from me, and I am trying to be patient with myself as Rex is only 2 months old and exclusively nursing (don't want to lose that milk supply!) I just want to fit into my old clothing again and feel good in my own skin. So, this is a long journey. Good thing Rex is worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment